PDA

View Full Version : My New R

LexLuther
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I've been lurking around here for a while now, so I decided to finally post pics of my R that I just bought. I've wanted one of these since grade school. Now, 19 years later, this baby is mine. I've only ever ridden 4X4s before. This is my first sport quad. Man is this thing FAST.

It's an '86 and it’s mostly stock. I just put new wheels and tires on it. This is a very helpful forum. I've gotten many ideas for what I'm going to do with my R. :)

beerock
12-02-2005, 12:14 PM
damn dude that thing looks really close to stock.sweet!

doc-bones
12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Nice to see a clean R!:eek2:

Pappy
12-02-2005, 12:35 PM
very sweet!

86-250Rnut
12-02-2005, 12:40 PM
that thing is shweet. it is so clean. wish mine looked like that.
how much did you pay for that baby?
Mitch:macho

TheFontMaster
12-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Man that is one nice R. When you do start modding it, don't get too much into the motor work, and keep all the original parts that you take off. It will be worth a whole lot more if you sell it compleatley original.

JDiablo
12-02-2005, 12:48 PM
CLEAN!!!!!

LexLuther
12-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I found it on ATVTraderOnline.com for $2700. I couldn't resist the urge so I bought it. After a weekend of driving, it was mine. The new wheels and tires make it look alot cleaner (that and a bottle of degreaser). It also came with a set of paddles. I’ve only ridden it in the woods, I can’t wait to try it in the sand. I’ve never been passed 4th gear.;)

Here's the pic from the ad.

Coyoteman
12-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Very nice........Congratulaions

LexLuther
12-02-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't plan on doing any engine mods. The FMF pipe is enough and maybe some airbox mod (it still has the snorkel but I put in a UNI filter). Besides, like I said, I’ve never ridden a sport quad before so it already has too much power for me. I would like to upgrade the shocks. Any suggestions? I'm riding XC in the woods and it is very bumpy with ruts from all the rain. I would also like new pegs and some risers (I’m 6 ft tall and I feel like I’m hunching over too much). Those Roll Design pegs look nice but they are a bit pricy.

beerock
12-02-2005, 02:09 PM
if your tall then the only way to feel not hunched over is by going with a +2 steering stem. I used one and it made a world of difference.

Eddiesanders250
12-02-2005, 03:40 PM
you will love the R in the sand. It will rip. I only ride in the sand and man I love everything about the R. handles awesome in the sand. youll have no regrets with this quad. Yes i will have to agrre with you on the pegs, they are nice but in my opinion not worth it. maybe look into some nerfs? depends what you like.

TheFontMaster
12-02-2005, 06:09 PM
For the shocks since your new to sport quads, you will probably want to buy a set of works shocks front and rear, they are the sheapest aftermarket shocks, and are a great improovement over stock. You can send your rear shock off to get re-valved, but just since the quad is so close to stock, I would spend a little extra money and get a new rear shock.

Tom TRX250R
12-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Like stated above for the price and experience I would go for Works triple rate shocks, they will be a great improvement over stock. Also over pegs I would look into getting AC propegs and a +1 antivibe steering stem (the best buy is Burgurd for $190) and Cr Hi bars, I am 6'0 ft. tall and am very comfortable on my R now after those mods. I get on my two friends R's with stock steering stems/bars and pegs and feel very cramped!

robyone
12-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Nice quad, AC pro pegs used to have nerfs that were an inch lower for taller riders. I'm not sure if they still make them or not. Check ebay stores for the IMS pegs, I got mine for 125.00 shpd. & the heel guards for 40.00 used. I'm looking for the ac nerfs that go the IMS pegs now.