PDA

View Full Version : Info on these 50 knockoffs?

rmz250
12-02-2005, 11:21 AM
http://bikepics.com/pics/pics/yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-407773.jpg

PismoLocal
12-02-2005, 11:56 AM
i want one i see them cruisin up and down the beaches all the time here, i'd appreciate any info anyone had to offer too.

12-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Junk junk junk junk junk.

12-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Sikk or Icon are the only knock offs that are actually of nice quality.

PismoLocal
12-02-2005, 01:00 PM
do you have one or now any one that has one?

AtvMxRider
12-02-2005, 05:13 PM
P.O.S.

partyboy300ex
12-02-2005, 05:18 PM
get an XR70:blah: :macho

YFZ450Ridr
12-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by partyboy300ex
get an XR70:blah: :macho

if anything id get the kx110. those suckers run pretty good for thier size.

and ive seen those knock off 50s all over ebay for dirt cheap but have been wondering the same thing.

TCRACING425EX
12-02-2005, 07:18 PM
it has the same swingarm my bike has. mine was a stock fiddy and i got everything for it. if ur gonna buy that i wouldnt i have the same swing arm and i broke my rear shocks preload clip off. and by the looks of it that bike has a STOCK 50 shock on it which will be way to soft. i mean like put ur pinky on it bottom out kinda soft. that swingarm needs a special kind of shock. but it has a nice liflan motor in it(pretty good motor). what do you want to know about it, ill help u out as much as possible. here is my bike before the shock broke. i can garentee that the bike there had the same one. oh yea and it should be sitting like mine since they have the same swingarm and forks.

12-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TCRACING425EX
it has the same swingarm my bike has. mine was a stock fiddy and i got everything for it. if ur gonna buy that i wouldnt i have the same swing arm and i broke my rear shocks preload clip off. and by the looks of it that bike has a STOCK 50 shock on it which will be way to soft. i mean like put ur pinky on it bottom out kinda soft. that swingarm needs a special kind of shock. but it has a nice liflan motor in it(pretty good motor). what do you want to know about it, ill help u out as much as possible. here is my bike before the shock broke. i can garentee that the bike there had the same one. That bike was never an xr50.

TCRACING425EX
12-02-2005, 07:23 PM
um ok like u know.

Rich250RRacer
12-02-2005, 07:36 PM
OK here the deal with these things. Yes, like just about everyone said, they are knockoff pieces of junk. Apparently Honda either sold off or lost their patents on these motors, and now they are mass produced (very cheaply) by these Chinese and Taiwanese companies. The good thing is engine parts (high quality) can be bought at any Honda dealer. As far as chassis or other parts go, you're on your own. Before you do go to a Honda dealer to buy engine parts, be sure to verify what you actually have. I had a customer bring me a Pantera 50 (Pep Boys bike) for a top end and thankfully I didn't order any parts before tearing it down. It had a decal on the tank that said 49cc, it was stamped 48cc on the cylinder, when I tore it down and did a little measuring I found out it was actually a 70cc motor (XR/CRF50's and XR/CRF70's share the same stroke but the 70 has a bigger bore). The bottom line here though is these things are made really cheap and very low quality, which you will see the first time you tear into the motor. They may have copied the motor, but they didn't copy the Honda quality.

rookiex
12-02-2005, 11:26 PM
those things are junk Im really into 50's and stuff. I build my own honestly thats the only way to do it if you dont want it to fall apart.sik50's makes a OK knock off but ive seen them fall apart in one moto.

Schooled 416
12-03-2005, 08:07 AM
If its made in china it's junk.

tamehart
12-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Schooled 416
If its made in china it's junk. .

Definitaley not true. More stuff than what you think is made outside of our country. But just to be legit, there are some chinese junk products, just like there are a lot of USA junk products

SRH
12-03-2005, 09:26 AM
xtremes have fast motors, decent forks and brakes, everything else on them are junk, sdg is a decent all around bike but your better off building a honda in any instance, but it will be almost double the price, so thats something you have to look at too

honda didnt sell off any patents, i beleive something to do with the rod is different, and a few other things inside honda has patented, however the sdg, and extreme arent really similar inside at all, there is tons of other knock off companies thumpstar...etc, some of them even have twin spar aluminum frames and dont look bad at all but ill stick with honda

if you ask me 50s are a thing of the past and midsize minis is where its at, think of it this way, you spend thousands of dollars, to put 70 forks, 70 swingarm , extended frame bigger wheels, the list goe on, when you could buy a 70 for 200 bucks more and if you really want the 50 size, buy a 50 aftermarket frame , a shock and 50 plastic put it together and run it....

i myself would buy a used 70 and build it, or buy a klx/drz 110

the klx drz 110 are just awesome pitbikes , you can run them stock or do some suspension work and have a competitve bike

i like hondas so i bought a hardly ridden 70, did suspension, bars, bunch of other stuff and a trailbikes 88 kit and it runs even with the 110, the 110 frame is a lil beefier and the motor revs quicker, but the 88 has alot more mid to top end power and i like it more

you can buy a knock off and take your chances or get a 50, but really youd be more satisfied with a 110 or a built 70 in the end

12-03-2005, 09:27 AM
um ok like u know. What kind of fork and swingarm does that have on it?

SRH
12-03-2005, 09:35 AM
it has the same swingarm my bike has. mine was a stock fiddy and i got everything for it. if ur gonna buy that i wouldnt i have the same swing arm and i broke my rear shocks preload clip off. and by the looks of it that bike has a STOCK 50 shock on it which will be way to soft. i mean like put ur pinky on it bottom out kinda soft. that swingarm needs a special kind of shock. but it has a nice liflan motor in it(pretty good motor). what do you want to know about it, ill help u out as much as possible. here is my bike before the shock broke. i can garentee that the bike there had the same one. oh yea and it should be sitting like mine since they have the same swingarm and forks.

i think your full of pooh, the bike in the first pic appears to be a thumpstar, or sdg with a storm swingarm kit, if you even look your bike has a totally diff swingarm, the swingarm in the first pic is steel i beleive and yours looks to be cnc aluminum one

and you cannot put your thumb on a stock 50 shock and bottom it out, its all spring, and with an adult on it a stock 50 shock will bottom, i think the storm swingarms use a shock off a polini, but i cant tell you for sure what shock that is in the first pic, lifan motor and good? i dont think so, most of those motors dont make the power a 88 kitted honda will, there is a company ahp minis who sells 100 cc 4 speed lifan motors for 600 bucks, but they overhaul the whole motor and make them somehwta reliable from what i hear, i have no expirience with them but the hp figures ive seen, still show it having less hp than a 88 honda

there is so many knock offs out there i couldnt pin point which one yours is, but i highly doubt its ever been honda and if it is i dont understand why you would go through all the trouble of building it into a knock off:ermm:

another reason that bike in the first pic may sit lower is because instead of using the mount for the shock with the storm kit, they used the stock shockmount location for the stock rear end setup, which is probaly the same as yours

for all i know you and the owner of the bike in the first pic both have either a pitster, sik,sdg or who knows, the more i look tho the more i think pitster, but dont hold me to it

SRH
12-03-2005, 09:41 AM
If its made in china it's junk.

i saw on a few kawasakis a sticker that said made in thailand or taiwan....im dead serious too

Schooled 416
12-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by tamehart

Definitaley not true. More stuff than what you think is made outside of our country. But just to be legit, there are some chinese junk products, just like there are a lot of USA junk products

Im talking about the bikes. Almost, every single atv, scooter, dirt bike, that is made in china is junk. There are no trade laws in china, so they can make stuff however crappy/cheap as possible. NO BBB, or anything.

Schooled 416
12-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by SRH
i saw on a few kawasakis a sticker that said made in thailand or taiwan....im dead serious too

thailand or taiwan isnt china.

Rich250RRacer
12-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by SRH
xtremes have fast motors, decent forks and brakes, everything else on them are junk, sdg is a decent all around bike but your better off building a honda in any instance, but it will be almost double the price, so thats something you have to look at too

honda didnt sell off any patents, i beleive something to do with the rod is different, and a few other things inside honda has patented, however the sdg, and extreme arent really similar inside at all, there is tons of other knock off companies thumpstar...etc, some of them even have twin spar aluminum frames and dont look bad at all but ill stick with honda

if you ask me 50s are a thing of the past and midsize minis is where its at, think of it this way, you spend thousands of dollars, to put 70 forks, 70 swingarm , extended frame bigger wheels, the list goe on, when you could buy a 70 for 200 bucks more and if you really want the 50 size, buy a 50 aftermarket frame , a shock and 50 plastic put it together and run it....

i myself would buy a used 70 and build it, or buy a klx/drz 110

the klx drz 110 are just awesome pitbikes , you can run them stock or do some suspension work and have a competitve bike

i like hondas so i bought a hardly ridden 70, did suspension, bars, bunch of other stuff and a trailbikes 88 kit and it runs even with the 110, the 110 frame is a lil beefier and the motor revs quicker, but the 88 has alot more mid to top end power and i like it more

you can buy a knock off and take your chances or get a 50, but really youd be more satisfied with a 110 or a built 70 in the end

I would think Honda sold off something since I see a bunch of CT70 knockoffs around. These bikes are identical and this pisses off the true CT70 collectors.

TCRACING425EX
12-03-2005, 03:50 PM
my bike was a honda 50. the front shocks are from pitster, and i got the whole rear end off ebay so i dont know the make of it. and now that i look at it the swingarm does look completly different.i just took a glance at it. and when i broke my rear shock, we tried to put a stock one on there and first off it sat just like the bike in that picture, and second i was being sarcastic about the whole finder thing, but u could push it down with hardly any preasure what so ever. and i found out with my swingarm that i need what would be for a stock 50 swingarm a 400-500lbs sprung shock.yea i kinda built it into a knock off but it still isnt the frame is a 50 and i built the whole motor.(its black because i painted it).

12-03-2005, 04:39 PM
my bike was a honda 50. the front shocks are from pitster, and i got the whole rear end off ebay so i dont know the make of it. and now that i look at it the swingarm does look completly different.i just took a glance at it. and when i broke my rear shock, we tried to put a stock one on there and first off it sat just like the bike in that picture, and second i was being sarcastic about the whole finder thing, but u could push it down with hardly any preasure what so ever. and i found out with my swingarm that i need what would be for a stock 50 swingarm a 400-500lbs sprung shock.yea i kinda built it into a knock off but it still isnt the frame is a 50 and i built the whole motor.(its black because i painted it). it doesnt even have a honda motor in it anymore, and everything else is "aftermarket". You dont have a 50 anymore, you have a knockoff.

12-03-2005, 04:42 PM
TC, take a picture of the motor showing the case that says Honda on it.

TCRACING425EX
12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
dont have them anymore.had to get a new case for the manual clutch conversion. and take that quote u just made and read the bottom. I BUILT THE MOTOR.

Punk'd
12-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Go with the Honda

SRH
12-04-2005, 10:02 AM
thailand or taiwan isnt china.

no ****, im just saying

SRH
12-04-2005, 10:06 AM
dont have them anymore.had to get a new case for the manual clutch conversion. and take that quote u just made and read the bottom. I BUILT THE MOTOR.

what brand ignition cover? what brand carbuerator? how many cc? what brand clutch? got a pic?

TCRACING425EX
12-04-2005, 06:46 PM
carb is a keihin, clutch conversion is a alba, cc is a 108 stock compression soon to be a 114 11;1 high compression. what do u want a pic of? ill take some.