PDA

View Full Version : hotcam in 06R

remmyTRX
12-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Is anyone running the hotcam (1 or 2) in their 06 R?

Will the hotcam for the 04/05 models work with the 06R?

TIA

#404's Dad
12-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Remmy, they do fit and the stage 2 puts out a better curve than the 06 hrc cam does.

remmyTRX
12-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks Corey!

eagertorace
12-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by #8trx450r
Remmy, they do fit and the stage 2 puts out a better curve than the 06 hrc cam does.

I'd have to see it to believe it. the hrc cam is bad*****.

Burnt12
12-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by #8trx450r

if so then how much and where at?

Quad_Runner
12-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by eagertorace
I'd have to see it to believe it. the hrc cam is bad*****.

Joe at Rossier Engineering dyno'ed both the HRC and Hot Cam Stage II. The HC Stage II was about 1.5 HP more from 8000 RPM to the rev limit with no loss in low or mid. There is no graph posted.

OKTRX450R
12-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Remember Corey said 06 HRC cam not the 04-05 HRC cam...they are different.

My understanding the 06 HRC cam is the same as the 04, 05, 06 CRF cam...

eagertorace
12-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Quad_Runner
Joe at Rossier Engineering dyno'ed both the HRC and Hot Cam Stage II. The HC Stage II was about 1.5 HP more from 8000 RPM to the rev limit with no loss in low or mid. There is no graph posted.

true...but that's on a dyno and you won't feel that little of a difference on the quad. anyways, buy what you want

WhiteZee
12-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by eagertorace
true...but that's on a dyno and you won't feel that little of a difference on the quad. anyways, buy what you want
the hot cam is around $120, how much is the HRC to perform less?

eagertorace
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee

^^^^^^^
:D :D :D :D

RedRacer44
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
I have the Stage 2 HotCam in my '06, it rips arse! Looking into putting the 04/05 HRC in though and see how it works though. If anyone has one they want to sell for a decent price...PM me!

Jonas
12-12-2005, 09:32 AM

Your missing the exhaust and carb jetting with your 120.

WhiteZee
12-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Jonas
Your missing the exhaust and carb jetting with your 120.
which is worthless when most people have a pipe already, and dont try and act like jets are that expensive.

12-12-2005, 10:36 PM
if i have my dealership install a hotcams stage 2 and reshim my 450r for it will it need to be reshimmed soon after break in on it? i ask this because it would be another $75 for me to do that. thanks!

WhiteZee
12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
first of all you should just do it all your self. take the $75 and buy a hot cams shim kit and you will never have to buy another shi, again.

hotcams use same size base circle cams, so you should not need to reshim.

Colby@C&DRacing
12-15-2005, 06:18 PM
I loaned our 06 to hot cam for awhile along with an hrc kit to do some testing. The new stg1 dirtbike cam for the 06 bike is what they found to work the best it is a new cam this year. I should have the dyno #'s as soon as I can go get the bike back and be able to show the differences

OKTRX450R
12-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I loaned our 06 to hot cam for awhile along with an hrc kit to do some testing. The new stg1 dirtbike cam for the 06 bike is what they found to work the best it is a new cam this year. I should have the dyno #'s as soon as I can go get the bike back and be able to show the differences

Colby any chance seeing a breakdown of the HCI and II cams together? Maybe even throw in the 04/05 HRC cam???

Quad_Runner
12-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing

Can't wait to see the numbers

Jonas
12-16-2005, 09:11 AM
which is worthless when most people have a pipe already, and dont try and act like jets are that expensive.

Most people who are making this choice don't have a pipe already. We are talking about the '06 here. It's not just $120 for a hot cam gives you the same performance as the 06 HRC kit like has been inferred before. How much did you pay for that exhaust which doesn't make that much more power if any than the 06 HRC. Show me the numbers if you can find a dyno that shows otherwise. Price out all of what you get in the HRC and it's not that bad for someone that wants a perfectly jetted bike after install. Total up all of the costs first then lets look at it.

Lets see here and you can help if you want.....

Option 1
Full exhaust..............$350-500+ ave.??
Hot cam....................$120-150
Dyno jet kit (who knows what settings for sure) ...............$50-60
We could even throw in some dyno time which would be ideal.

Option 2
06 HRC kit.................$359 retail
(throw it in and go)

I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend the hotcam, but most people who say the 06 HRC kit is worthless haven't ridden one and are basing it off their experience with the '05. If someone doesn't want to spend the 6 to 7 hundred dollars for the aftermarket option then there ya go.

ocoast2005
12-16-2005, 09:54 AM
i agree with you jonas but also take this in consideration.
the only parts hrc kit that comes with that are worth the expense is the cam and head pipe.
in my case i wanted to run a k&N intake so would have had to rejet any way also i wanted to run after market pipe for looks,sound and weight saving so :
hot cam2 120$ 05 crf needle 14$
2 jets 7$
prodesign kit 120$
after market exhauste 350-700 depending on what i pick
but the cost of exauste would have been the same even if i got the hrc kit minus the head pipe.
so for 141$ i got every thing in the hrc kit minus the breather tee,and head pipe.
yes hrc head pipe is good but that leaves over 200$. toward a better flowing intake set up and lighter exhauste system like rosssier that made sense to me?besides not every one wants a top end cam

RedRacer44
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Actually, after measuring both the HRC ('05 CRF cam) and the HotCam, the hotcam is a bigger cam in most aspects....thats if our measurements were correct. The new HRC cam isnt as aggressive as the '04/'05 HRC cam, based off our measurements. The newer HRC will deliever a smoother powerband where the HotCam is gonna pull more up top but keep good bottom end. We're about to throw in an '04/'05 HRC cam in an '06, see how that works :) Just from comparing measurements, it should rip arse! Especially after doing more motor work (piston, cam, porting, valves, etc etc).....thats where we're going right now.

As far as the arguement goes.....HRC is a damn good value for the casual rider who doesnt wanna spend the jack. For the racer though, you're trying to pull as much power as you can and save weight at the same time, which is where the aftermarket pipes come in. It all depends on rider preference really....

I dont think the HRC exhaust can make as much power as you get with a full exhaust but i could be wrong with the new HRC coming with the head-pipe. But in comparision, the head-pipe still wasnt as big (not by much) as the head pipe from the ESR, LRD, and Sparks pipes we've got for the '06. I also believe Honda is blowing smoke up our butt on the 50HP mark with just HRC, maybe at the crank or flywheel but not at the rear wheels...i just dont feel it in my bike and i've got sparks pipe, hotcam, jh racing jet kit (needle, pilot, main, etc), and air box mods ($610 in parts).

All just opinion though.......all just opinion :devil:

Also tough to beat genuine Honda performance parts you buy at your dealer too......tough to beat I do say...tough to beat....

supradean
12-16-2005, 10:23 AM
any updates on the new stage 1 cam from the dirtbike?