PDA

View Full Version : Precision Racing Stablizer Review-Part 1

Pepto_Bismol
12-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Ok Folks,

Just received the Precision Racing Products Steering Stablizer today.

The cost, most of you know, $485.00.

As luck would have it, as soon as I pulled in to my house from work, UPS drove up. I was very excited (and relieved that a $500 part was not left on my porch). As I opened the package, I was suprised at how small the unit actually is. For some reason, I thought it would be bigger.

All that came in the box was the unit, some photocopied instructions, and some pretty high quality stickers, for whatever that is worth to you ;) .

The fit and finish is solid, and the component seemed to have a very high quality of manufacture (See first picture).

I gave the armature a push and pull, and you could tell that it has a very even damping effect left to right. Also, when you turn the damping dials, you can actually feel the difference (firmer or softer).

So I went right out to the garage and installed it. True to the saying, it took me only about 15 minutes (See Second Picture).

However, before I even purchased the unit, I knew I would have to contend with space issues with where my Elka Rear remote ressy mounted (the fluid line on my I thought was a bit short, and due to that, I only have one place I can mount it).

But, after mounting the Stablizer, I manuevered my remote ressy pretty much back to where it was. And the spacing is tight, but I do not have any issues with parts interfering with each other (See final picture).

As for the ride test, I will take it out this weekend as some friends and I race to the top of 4 peaks mountain here in AZ.

Till then....

Pepto:cool:

http://members.cox.net/peptob/stable_1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/peptob/stable_2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/peptob/stable_3.jpg

400exrider0004
12-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Very nice review!! Definately post how it does after your ride this weekend! Have fun!

duncan440ex
12-02-2005, 05:06 AM
yes please post, i'm getting mine on monday.

spincr4hire
12-02-2005, 05:42 AM
I love my Precision. You need a grill to guard yours now...:cool:

Dave400ex
12-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Spincr4hire where did you get that guard? That's pretty cool...

MAD450r
12-03-2005, 08:48 AM
I could have sworn someone said they can get them for 350

mills_racing
12-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Spincr4hire where did you get that guard? That's pretty cool...

He can make them at his work i beleive...

spincr4hire
12-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by mills_racing
He can make them at his work i beleive...

ssshhhhhh;)

mills_racing
12-04-2005, 09:18 AM
lol my bad spinc....when u gonna race earlywines? i skipped out this weekend to hunt but i think kevin is up there racin today ....

spincr4hire
12-05-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by mills_racing
lol my bad spinc....when u gonna race earlywines? i skipped out this weekend to hunt but i think kevin is up there racin today ....

one of these days, I need to get up there and practice first.