PDA

View Full Version : HoleShots???

frogburner
06-25-2002, 07:38 PM
I was looking at new tires, and figure I will get Holeshots... But I was wondering about the Holeshot XCR tires... I do LOTS of trail riding, grass, gravel roads, pavement. The only mud I really come across is on trails, but try to avoid it at all cost, and really dont care for riding in water over my footpegs... Climbing hills is fun. With my riding conditions that you just read about, do you think the XCR Tires would fit my type of riding.... Please tell me if you have these tires, have rode another bike with these tires or have heard about them.... Please post any Opinions about them...

Jeff
06-25-2002, 08:07 PM
I have just plain ol' ITP Hole****s on my 400ex and they do just fine! I ordered my Holeshots out of Chaparrel Catalog for $56 a tire! Thats REAL cheap! If you want, I can scan that page and give you the # so you can order them for that price. I do riding like, jumping, hill climbing, creek riding, trails, etc. and my Holeshots hold up good. I say that you really dont need all the MX, XCR crap when you can get just as good of performance out of plain ol' Holeshots which is cheaper. Let me know about the Chapperel page.....

My uncle has a 99' Blaster with Holeshots and he rides on paved roads, and he will sit and lean forward and hold the front brakes and sit there and spin and just about all he does is spin and his tires look just as good as my holeshots and I have just had mine about 3 months.....:D

Jeff
06-25-2002, 08:14 PM
LMAO, my bad, that supposed to be holeSHOTS.....LOL...:D :p :blah

DEAL
06-25-2002, 08:25 PM
They wear out fast, get razrs or razr2s.

frogburner
06-25-2002, 08:31 PM
Hey Jeff,,
Are those 6-PLY or 4-Ply tires??
If you dont mind, will you scan that page.. Does that place have a website..?

own2424
06-25-2002, 08:32 PM
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/

Jeff
06-25-2002, 08:58 PM
4-ply

Yeah, i'll scan it tommorow....

Ex'r Marlin
06-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Actually, I got the XCR's, XC's, and XCT's.... I guess I am a ITP nut, huh:rolleyes:

Anyway, I noticed that the XCR's for me (215 pound rider) is great for smooth trail riding without any ruts or mud. I actually prefer my XC's for trail riding over the XCR's because I notice I hit my skid plate more with the XCR's. The diameter difference is noticeable.... but not much. The performance of the XCR's are awesome though!!!! I like XCR's a lot more than the stockers on the 400EX. My 2 cents... Go with the 20" XC's.

Good luck!!

Jeff
06-26-2002, 07:50 AM
Ahhhh shewt! Page wouldn't scan right! Anyway, here is a link to the Chaparral web site with the ITP tires on it. Just go there...

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/

06-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Get yo tires from marcums ATV Or the quadshop;) ,,,nobody will have a better price..:D :D

cdalejef
06-26-2002, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't say "nobody" Rico!!!:blah

frogburner
06-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Are the XC's pretty hard rubber compound, or just about the same as the stockers?? Are the stock tires on the 400 20x10-9 right??

Ex'r Marlin
06-27-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by frogburner
Are the XC's pretty hard rubber compound, or just about the same as the stockers?? Are the stock tires on the 400 20x10-9 right?? I could be wrong, but I feel the Holeshot XC's are just a little "harder" (durometer) than the stockers.... But I don't think by much, if any.

Yeah, the stock rear tires on the 400ex are 20x10x9.

Note: The 20" Holeshot XC's are just a little larger in diameter than the stock 20" tires.

frogburner
06-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Well I ordered a set of rear Holeshots for the 400 last night.. Nothing special, just regular holeshots.. I got 20x11-9... Hopefully, I will like these tires, I got the 4 Ply tires , I think the stockers are 2 Ply if i'm not mistaken... any way update you all on how I like them after I ride with them on for a while...