PDA

View Full Version : atk pro riders

redrider05
12-01-2005, 09:42 PM
i jus had a random thought go thru my head and i was wondering...how come there isnt any gnc pro's riding atk's in the series..ive never rode a dale or a atk for the matter but what i hear is that alot of people jus love those things to death.and around the tracks here they are really fast machines and still win consistantly...i jus wanted to hear other peoples oppinions on why we dont see any pros race them at a top level anymore whenever atk is going strong?

CannondaleRider
12-01-2005, 11:49 PM
ATK doesn't seem to have the factory support ability that big companies do...there still trying to get on there feet..I hope it happens soon.

I'm sure Jeff Stoess is still riding for them, but I haven't seen him race in a while.

There was also a deal with Rated-X Motorsports for the Baja 1000, but i'm not sure what happened with that.

We have a certain.....idea, about something that MAY happen, but we have no backing information, so I won't say names on someone who may possibly be on a ATK or Cannondale next year;)

And about the loving Cannondales part......I've yet to ride something better:D

QuadRacer041
12-02-2005, 03:10 AM
they dont use them beacuse there not good quads(VERY un reliable).if they were youd see them used by the faster guys.

last i heard jeff stoess was riding a honda.

raptorrider
12-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Last you heard you didnt know your butt from you elbows.

Jeff only rides a Honda on two wheels, on his enduro bike.

bradley300
12-02-2005, 08:29 AM
sorry, but jeff rode a honda in the best in the desert series with dave macarol. had nothing to do with the ATK being a bad machine tho, just that dave had already bought a quad just for the races

PeeWee21
12-02-2005, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by QuadRacer041
[B]they dont use them beacuse there not good quads(VERY un reliable).if they were youd see them used by the faster guys.

I'm pretty sure that most of the members here.........hate you.

freakystone
12-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Sure Cannondales had their problems but they were awesome machines. I had a couple of them and never had one issue with either unit.

I got rid of them simply because I saw the resale value of them quickly dropping otherwise I would still have at least one of them in my garage.

I still say a modded Speed would beat a modded YFZ any day. But now with Zuk coming out with an EFI racer and rumors of Yami doing the same someday, Dales or ATK's probably wont be able to ever make even a small comeback.

As for Dinli making an impact, I laugh. That thing they are trying to pass off as a Dale comeback machine is an over priced, joke that reminds me of a friggin powerranger.

redrider05
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
so what is atk part in this....are the new atk's left over from cannonndale then they jus fix the problems they had...or do they actually have an assembly line making them?..i dont really know that much about that whole thing but ive always been infactuated by them and like to know new info..

that dinli is a joke that could never be serious....didnt they by the rights to manufactuer the dales whats there part in that

raptorrider
12-02-2005, 10:24 AM
As far as I know, they are making any parts that they didnt aquire through the buy out. They upgraded like 7 items in the motor, and changed the FI a little.

QuadRacer041
12-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by raptorrider
Last you heard you didnt know your butt from you elbows.

Jeff only rides a Honda on two wheels, on his enduro bike.

sure i do my butt is when i crap all over you when i ride and my elbow's connect to my for arm which are connected to my hands which have my fingers attched that have one long one sticking straight out.....
what dont you ask jeff what he rode most of this year. mr know it all.....:rolleyes:

QuadRacer041
12-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by PeeWee21
[QUOTE]Originally posted by QuadRacer041
[B]they dont use them beacuse there not good quads(VERY un reliable).if they were youd see them used by the faster guys.

I'm pretty sure that most of the members here.........hate you.

here tooo.. man i thought a had a few that liked me.
maybe i should be nicer.......NOT.....:D

cannondales are JUNK

Rastus
12-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
here tooo.. man i thought a had a few that liked me.
maybe i should be nicer.......NOT.....:D

cannondales are JUNK

You sound knowledgable...., or not. :rolleyes:

You don't know what you're talking about. If you take care of them and know what you're doing, they're just as good as any other bike.

Flynbryan19
12-02-2005, 12:05 PM
As long as you spend twice the amount of time and twice the amount of money doing it.......

I used to think the same thing about my Polaris Predator..... And it did run. It acutally ran just as well as anything else I rode with, but you know..... I had to work on it twice as much as my friends. All quads are "good" some are just "better" and require less maintnance.

redrider05
12-02-2005, 12:33 PM
i dont think it matters who thinks whats junk and who rides what....has nothing to do with what this thread is about...but to each there own

now back to all of you that gave good info thanks for the replies..so can atk reproduce these machines?or is it when there outta stock there done...i guess for example if they run outta frames from cannondale are they done?

raptorrider
12-02-2005, 02:17 PM
I dont think anyone really knows what will happen.

cdalejef
12-21-2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
sure i do my butt is when i crap all over you when i ride and my elbow's connect to my for arm which are connected to my hands which have my fingers attched that have one long one sticking straight out.....
what dont you ask jeff what he rode most of this year. mr know it all.....:rolleyes: Raptorrider and Bradley are both correct. I rode 2 desert races for a friend on a Honda this year. Other than that I have just been enjoying riding my Dual Sport bike. If I was going to race quads again my first choice would be the ATK.