PDA

View Full Version : laeger chassis

gsxr68
12-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Talking with some friends today about laeger narrow and standard chassis. One said the the narrow is for woods and the other is like me and does not know what is better for mx (standard or narrow). also why did laeger make a standard travel t-pin set-up

Thanks

beerock
12-02-2005, 12:28 AM
all tpins that i know of are LT

the narrow frame compared to standard is hard to explain. ive ridden both and the narrow frame seems to like to tip into the front end a bit more on turns and seems to need a bt mroe body language to stop it then a standard front width frame. the narrow frame is built for whatever you want mx/tt or xc I do knwo that my setup is 52" wide and a narrow frame is around 50 wide with the same a-arms(+3) and 4-1 rims

hontrx265r
12-02-2005, 05:22 AM
The whole thery behind the narrow frame is the fact that the way its built, provides a completely bindless system, with more travel. when coupled with a t-pin front suspension. Also the point of narrowing the frame and having the steering stem set up the way it is, is supposed to provide "zero bump steer" And from what I've heard the narrow frame is the only "true system with zero bump steer" Walsh used if for a while, so did roll design and laeger. So it must have been good in theory, however now they can't use it because of being restricted to production geometry, otherwise I'm sure you would see narrow frame 450r's and yfz's on aftermarket chromoly frames.

BLACKeR
12-02-2005, 05:23 AM
leager did make some standard travel T-pin front ends. i dont know why they did, if they were really early ones, or some people just didnt want a long travel front. i always hope i can find one going for really cheap:)

gsxr68
12-02-2005, 08:13 AM
BLACKeR I know a guy that has on and is talking about selling it. he is uing it for mx. The dumb ***** has 1inch spacers and the wheels flipped and it is 48 inchs wide. let me know if that is the front end that you want. And thanks for all of the other info everyone else.

Thanks