PDA

View Full Version : cannondale/suzuki

hsr
12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
My $0.02

Suzuki is giving us what Cannondale tried to ( and did a pretty damn good job at) give us a couple of years ago, for almost half the price, You can literally buy a dirtbike straight off of the showroom floor and take it to the track and be competitive. You can practically do the same with the LTR, with the exception of ners & a tether switch. I am a firm believer in the fact that racing is %90 rider, %10 machine (within reason). The new LTR is going to "level the playing field" somewhat. The addition of the new stock class at the nationals is the best thing that could be happening to the sport right now. There is no reason to have to buy aftermarket a-arms , axles , swingarms anymore. The only reason that everyone has been running this stuff for the past 20 years is because you HAD to , to be competitive. Hopefully those days are over. Racing needs to be more affordable to the average joe, and the new ltr is going to lighten the financial load quite significantly. Way to go Suzuki.

LTR450_#67
12-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Word Yo....lol..... I agree:devil:

bwamos
12-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure about the axle yet.

They have a high-tensile steel frame (very nice), so they probably have a good axle too. All the others have mild steel axles. Let's hope Suzuki is smarter. ;)

OKTRX450R
12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I wondered about the axle too....but surely with 3 years of R&D they put a good unit in...surely...:ermm:

4strokin
12-02-2005, 06:32 PM
yeah, i think with 3 yrs of R&D suzuki wouldn't wait that long just to come in second place to the competition. and as far as the efi goes this technology is not new they have had this on the gsxr's for a while and i believe they have always had strong engines and the ltr won't be any different. you watch yamaha and honda won't be to far behind with their own efi racers!

ThumPIN_450R
12-02-2005, 07:30 PM
I am not aware of this stock class you're speaking of HSR. Did I miss something?

Cindi
12-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I'm not sure about the axle yet.

They have a high-tensile steel frame (very nice), so they probably have a good axle too. All the others have mild steel axles. Let's hope Suzuki is smarter. ;)

When Doug was testing in Japan, they tested the axle strength. He bent the rims but not the axle.;)

12-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I am not aware of this stock class you're speaking of HSR. Did I miss something? Doug and Jeramia will run stock ltrs in the new STOCK class.;)

bwamos
12-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Cindi
When Doug was testing in Japan, they tested the axle strength. He bent the rims but not the axle.;)

Well if doug didn't bend the axle, then were in good shape. ;) Must be High Tensile like the frame. Great news. My stock 300ex axle had about as much tensile strength as warm butter, lol.

hnnblehscnnble
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
this is what i think.sure u can take it out and itll be 50" ec but u really think that people who can will leave it stock?thats part of the sport is hoping them up.and i know some people wont be able to go right out and buy all the aftermarket parts off the bat, but i think slowly but surely they buy some shocks here,ams there u know.im kind of sceptical of the suzuki because i dont really like what i see about them.not attractive to me.i have never rode one of course but im sure ill be racing a few this next season so we'll see if suzuki is really trying to do what c dales did or if they fall short:devil:

kyle

bwamos
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Everyone has different tastes. More flavor is always a good thing. I personally hated the plastics on the Cannondales, it made them "look" heavy. I loved the original plastic they had on it at the pre-production shows, though. I have no idea why they changed it.

hnnblehscnnble
12-05-2005, 12:24 PM
ok true the plastics werent the best if u got headlight deletes it helped alot,if u got a quad tech hood(what im ding) looks pretty weet, and then wlash makes a 250r conversion and a 400ex conversion that are sweet as well.and u cant beat the performance.cannondales were like the egyptions.....ahead of their time.

bwamos
12-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Aye, the 250r conversions look good. The origional plastics had a 250r look to them, probably why I liked them more.

The look of the plastics are the least important thing though, in my opinion. There's usually 4 different versions on the aftermarket for popular models anyway. ;)

hnnblehscnnble
12-05-2005, 04:14 PM
plastics yes are least important, u can also get full bore plastics with a 250r looking hood but the rears are the same.probably more close to what ur seeing in the original plastic design.

kyle

ThumPIN_450R
12-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by 911
Doug and Jeramia will run stock ltrs in the new STOCK class.;)

I was figuring on them racing pro

hsr
12-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I was figuring on them racing pro

They are racing pro , not stock class. Stock class is a new class where you are only permitted to run (and dont' quote me on this) nerfs, tires, handlebars, and maybe a few other minor mods, so that basically everyone is competing on the same level.

bwamos
12-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by hnnblehscnnble
plastics yes are least important, u can also get full bore plastics with a 250r looking hood but the rears are the same.probably more close to what ur seeing in the original plastic design.

kyle

Yea they are close. Fullbore actually designed the original plastic. Still not sure why they changed it.

ThumPIN_450R
12-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by hsr
They are racing pro , not stock class. Stock class is a new class where you are only permitted to run (and dont' quote me on this) nerfs, tires, handlebars, and maybe a few other minor mods, so that basically everyone is competing on the same level.

I didn't know that was class was put in yet for nationals do you have a website I can possibly look at to read about it ?

rookiex
12-07-2005, 12:22 AM
I just got a 05 450r decked out ima get the pics up on here an show everyone....But im gonna drop a penny or 2 on this thing here soon.Ill have payments but hell good back up quad.Toss some nerfs an flex bars on that beast and its ready to roll.

Luecker
12-07-2005, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by hsr

If there is going to be a stock class, (which Doug Gust said in ATV Sport that he has been trying to get that class for years) He could race Pro and Stock class.

Kind of like Superbike. There is quite a few people that run 2-3 different classes.

12-07-2005, 09:08 AM
around me, there is a production class. you can run a steering stem, handlebars, nerfs, teather, high comp piston, air filter.

ill_lil_romey
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I didn't know that was class was put in yet for nationals do you have a website I can possibly look at to read about it ?

There is an article on this website about the 2006season and the director say yes, there is a new stock class.http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/2005_samgammon_interview.html