PDA

View Full Version : no replacement for displacement true not true?

super_man37366
06-25-2002, 07:27 PM
what about a 660 raptor if that saying so then answer that

nakomis0
06-25-2002, 08:12 PM
Ya what are you trying to say? The Raptor is like the fastest 4-stroke out there (stock4stock)

I haven't seen or heard how it does vs. the Zuki and Cannondale. If someone knows clue us in.

mikeboone
06-25-2002, 08:37 PM
A stock C-dale Speed (or Cannibal)will eat it's ***! And it is only 432 cc's...

phatswinn
06-25-2002, 09:41 PM
it all depends, the cannondale is fuel injected and the craptor is carborated, they might not have the same compression piston etc... but all in all the bigger bikes gunna win

06-25-2002, 10:07 PM
yes there is plenty placement for dicplacment, a camed 400 will beat a 440, thats just how it is.
cannibals and such kill craptors, thats just how it is

MX MadMann
06-26-2002, 02:05 AM
displacement isnt as big of a factor as power to weight. why u think a modded rice burner can roast a 500ci viper?

Holty
06-26-2002, 09:35 AM
I have two freinds that I ride with all the time. One rides a Cannibal, and the other has a Raptor. I would not say that the dale would "kill" the raptor. They are very close in drag races everytime.

bradley300
06-26-2002, 09:53 AM
i have found that there is quite a few misunderstandings wih the quote. first of all, yes a modded civic can b faster than a 500ci viper but what is done to the viper? nothing. givin two identical motors (same number of valves, feul system, whether efi or carbed, and same number of cams.) BUT assume one is just a smaller displacement of the other. (good examples are the xr 250 and 400 or yzf250 and 426) giin this, the bigger motor will be faster and when identical parts are added to each motor the bigger is still the better. now for the "import tuner" side. a honda civic , because of overhead cams and vtec (as much as i hate to admit it) can be made faster than an ohv american v8. TO A POINT! there is still a threshold that say no modded 1.8 liter honda will beat a heavily modded 638 ci ohv v8. as the ohc and ohv motors begin adding parts, the ohc will respond better to them . stock for stock a civic has no chance against a 5.7 liter camaro. this is still true of moderatly modded machines but, because the ohc responds better it will narrow the margin of victory as the same parts are added to each car.

sorry for the book and the references to cars and not 'wheelers but i couldnt think of a ohv hi perf atv. i hope this has cleared up something.

TRX250EXER
06-26-2002, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nakomis0
[B]Ya what are you trying to say? The Raptor is like the fastest 4-stroke out there (stock4stock)

What??? ever heard of a DS650??? the DS weighs more and still kicks its *****!! plus the motor is just as detuned stock as the craptor.

PhResTyL28
06-26-2002, 02:16 PM
did any of u read the dirt wheels with banshee, 400ex, raptor, c-dale, ds650? in a drag race, results varied depending on rider skill and traction. the ds and c-dale have a slightly highertop speed, but acceleration is extremely close. if all of them had the same exact feul systems, cam specs, compression, piston style, weight, rider, the bigger machine would win. but thats not how machines come so u really cant say "there no replacement for displacement" unless everything else is equal.

nakomis0
06-26-2002, 02:41 PM
Oh ya I forgot about that tank of a DS650. Its just a quad i never think about, because it isn't good for anything except dunes.

Pappy
06-26-2002, 03:10 PM
i would like to see a short rod kit for the 400. with this also add a 11 to 1 piston and better carburation. a mid range cam and some port work. with this set up the motor would rev fast and pull like crazy. i think the 440 kits are ok but i think the compression is where they are getting the power from. do they make a short rod kit for the 400? if im not mistaken the raptor engine uses a short stroke. i used short rod motors in my race car engines and stayed very close to the stock bore size. i realize they arent the same but the theory is....anyone ?