PDA

View Full Version : new titanium axis shocks or pep?

WhiteYFZ
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
i dont no what shocks are better, i was told the xis were, can i have some input? thanks

doc-bones
12-01-2005, 07:19 PM
These are the best two shocks out there!

fandl450r
12-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Agreed, Axis and PEP are IMO the two top shock manufacturers out there. But the one thing I like about Axis is that I don't have to wait 6 months to get a set of shocks.

kbass24emtp
12-02-2005, 10:02 AM
I am getting the Axis with the ti springs. The lighter springs will make a big differance, so i've been told. PEP is also good. You can't go wrong with either.

fandl450r
12-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
I am getting the Axis with the ti springs. The lighter springs will make a big differance, so i've been told. PEP is also good. You can't go wrong with either.

They are lighter, but I can't justify the price of the Ti Springs. Main difference is that the front will only use a dual rate spring, instead of Axis' current triple rate set up. I have been told you can convert your regular LT shocks over to the Ti springs. For front and rear springs it will run you around 700 alone.

JDiablo
12-02-2005, 10:46 AM
700 dollars jesssehh

fandl450r
12-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
700 dollars jesssehh

Yea pretty steep thats for sure. I have been told from a reliable source that the new Axis shocks, piggybacks with Ti springs, and triple adjust (hi/lo,reb) fronts and Ti Triple adjust rear will be in the mid 3K range.

JDiablo
12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
3.5 for shocks,lol CHILL

fandl450r
12-02-2005, 11:17 AM
haha yea thats for sure. I bout sh*t my pants when they told me that.

Honda
12-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I was told $400.00 for the Piggy Back Option. $200.00 for the Ti Springs.

They will also be Triple Adjustable.

fandl450r
12-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Yea added onto the 1395 for dual adjust fronts. 1395 + 400 + 200 = 1995 Which is the same exact price they told me for the top of the line fronts.

Honda
12-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I guess Bad *** Bill Ballance ran them this year, and he absolutely loved them.

That is what I was told anyway!

:chinese:

Honda
12-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Some Pictures For Ya'lll!

Custom Axis Remote/ Ti...........sWEeeeeeet
http://www.digistash.com/data/820e694038fadbf9b60b834215b46fdb/3769_p98285.jpg

Borich/ Natalie/ Chislock 12 Hour Laeger Pro Trax 450R
http://www.digistash.com/data/820e694038fadbf9b60b834215b46fdb/3769_p98287.jpg

Drop..............Laeger Pro-Trax Desert Truck Travel!
http://www.digistash.com/data/820e694038fadbf9b60b834215b46fdb/3769_p98286.jpg

:huh

cb450r
12-03-2005, 12:24 AM
^^^ OMG DROOL ^^^
That is one sick set up! It would be hard to beat that setup!!!!

kbass24emtp
12-03-2005, 08:01 AM
The new piggyback with ti springs are $2999.00 Yes you can convert from the steel springs to the ti springs. The differences between the springs are more than just the switch from tripple rate to dual rate. The lighter ti springs also effect how the shock work. I was told by Derisi that you would be able to tell a big difference between the two, and that the springs are well worth the price.

fandl450r
12-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
The new piggyback with ti springs are $2999.00 Yes you can convert from the steel springs to the ti springs. The differences between the springs are more than just the switch from tripple rate to dual rate. The lighter ti springs also effect how the shock work. I was told by Derisi that you would be able to tell a big difference between the two, and that the springs are well worth the price.

Well looks like the price you were told was wrong? Unless thats for all 3 shocks, then thats a hell of a deal. Well yea there is going to be more dfiference than just switching from triple to dual. But most wouldn't understand the technical side of it. I mean I dont fully understand it, but I have a pretty good jist of it. The spring rate, and the rate at which a Ti spring is compressed is why they only have the need for 2 springs. It takes more weight to compress a Ti spring than steel, that is why they did away with the ZPS top spring.

Dave400ex
12-03-2005, 10:34 AM
That Laeger front end is unreal. I didn't realize they rode an 06 in the 12 hours either...

kbass24emtp
12-03-2005, 10:59 AM
That price was a typo. It should be $1999.00 for just the front piggyback with ti springs. This is straight from Axis. The ti springs also effect the loaded mass of the shocks. If you can afford them get them.

WhiteYFZ
12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
its more for piggybacked? ..whats better to get?? i think piggybacked are.. cuz u dont go to mound anything.. but i dont know

fandl450r
12-05-2005, 07:51 AM
The piggyback option does cost more but its a real trick option to go with. But I know if you get the piggybacks you have to get the "triple adjust" option. Which includes Hi/Lo Speed compression and rebound adjustments. With the steel springs they retail for like 1795. But that price is correct for the front shocks with the Ti springs. I just ordered a set of the front piggybacks with the steel springs. Titanium is nice, but thats an extra 6-700 bucks just for springs that I don't have. Although it would save weight, thats an expensive 2 lbs or so.

FMFTRX250r
12-05-2005, 11:12 AM
the other good thing about TI springs is they dont lose height over time like a steel spring would

fandl450r
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by FMFTRX250r
the other good thing about TI springs is they dont lose height over time like a steel spring would

Very true. But for 700 bucks, you could buy a few sets of steel springs.

Jersey450R
12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
well, i can say that these 2 shocks are very closely matched. my buddy tommy got the axis titanium remotes style in front with a regular axis back shock for around 2400 (we got connects, lol). i'll tell you what, the ride is awesome. he is running +3 JRD arms. now, now lysingers bike, he just got his new set of PEPs that feel almost, if not identical to the axis. down at my practice track yesterday, I asked Donny, i said, "why didnt you get the same shocks tommy got"? he said, "go ahead, feel mine and you tell me". to me, they felt like the same shock but to a pro production rider, i guess its different. Now for the rear shocks, donny's PEP rear is by far the best rear shock i've ever felt in my life. Tommys rear axis we had to put on a lighter main spring to compensate for JRD's new swingarm/linkage geometry. The axis shock now feels pretty close to donnys rear PEP but has a hard spot bout 3/4 down in the travel.

I dont know if this is comparing apples and oranges but imo they are about the closest comparision, but from a pro rider, he can tell you the "fine print". one of the differences is that tommy rides a 450R, Donny rides a YFZ as we all know. the YFZ can only run a 18 inch shock in the front while honda can go upwards to 20" depending on the arms. so "feeling" the shock isnt going to give you an actual basis to go from. i ride tommy bike all the time, and donny asked me if i wanted to take his yami out. i was so intimidated i said no, lol!

R3Concepts
12-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
well, i can say that these 2 shocks are very closely matched. my buddy tommy got the axis titanium remotes style in front with a regular axis back shock for around 2400 (we got connects, lol). i'll tell you what, the ride is awesome. he is running +3 JRD arms. now, now lysingers bike, he just got his new set of PEPs that feel almost, if not identical to the axis. down at my practice track yesterday, I asked Donny, i said, "why didnt you get the same shocks tommy got"? he said, "go ahead, feel mine and you tell me". to me, they felt like the same shock but to a pro production rider, i guess its different. Now for the rear shocks, donny's PEP rear is by far the best rear shock i've ever felt in my life. Tommys rear axis we had to put on a lighter main spring to compensate for JRD's new swingarm/linkage geometry. The axis shock now feels pretty close to donnys rear PEP but has a hard spot bout 3/4 down in the travel.

I dont know if this is comparing apples and oranges but imo they are about the closest comparision, but from a pro rider, he can tell you the "fine print". one of the differences is that tommy rides a 450R, Donny rides a YFZ as we all know. the YFZ can only run a 18 inch shock in the front while honda can go upwards to 20" depending on the arms. so "feeling" the shock isnt going to give you an actual basis to go from. i ride tommy bike all the time, and donny asked me if i wanted to take his yami out. i was so intimidated i said no, lol!

You just nailed it on the head..PEPs rear 450R shock is about 10 times better then the Axis setup..Thats why we went back to PEP, the Axis rear didnt cut it.

ill_lil_romey
12-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Those shocks are beautiful.

Ridin' Jesse
12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
You cant go wrong with either...ive ridden Elka's PEP's and Axis'...i preferably like PEP the most...they seem to be a little more plush if they are dialed in correctly, and theres not alot of hassell with them being build perfect for you.

redred55
12-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I can get you guys PEP's in about 3-4 weeks. If anybody is interested, pm me

R3Concepts
12-08-2005, 04:24 PM
So can the rest of the country...We can get them in 4 days.

fandl450r
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
So can the rest of the country...We can get them in 4 days.

You just think very highly of yourself don't you? I'm glad you or your "business" can get made to order custom shocks in 4 days, and I'm sure that gets you lots of business having such a quick turnaround. But give it a rest.

R3Concepts
12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
All I'm doing is trying to build back up the fact that PEPs DO NOT take as long as people make out the wait to be, and the fact of the matter is, is that they have great customer service to back to products. Its not a matter of thinking highly of ourselves, its more on the business aspect of getting a few PEP orders a week..But due to the constraints on site sponsors, then we choose not to post numbers and/or any of our info.

fandl450r
12-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
All I'm doing is trying to build back up the fact that PEPs DO NOT take as long as people make out the wait to be, and the fact of the matter is, is that they have great customer service to back to products. Its not a matter of thinking highly of ourselves, its more on the business aspect of getting a few PEP orders a week..But due to the constraints on site sponsors, then we choose not to post numbers and/or any of our info.

I fully understand the concept of promoting this, you just seem to shed a negative light on others trying to do the same thing. I'm sure they do, never said they didn't PEP's are great shocks. Maybe I'm just jealous. ;)

R3Concepts
12-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Read back and it does seem that way a little, no flame intended on anyone.