PDA

View Full Version : RPM axles

atva_63
11-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Does anyone run a rpm axle. If so I hope you have more luck than I did. The axle I had was undersized which I didn't know untill it blew bearings apart then destroid two carriers. I might be wrong But if a axle spins inside a bearing it can produce a large amount of heat, probly enough to ruin the grease in about 3-4 min then within about 100ft of rough terrain can blow a bearing apart. Rpm did say thier measurements were generaly closer to the specs than mine was but in the end all they could say was SORRY your **** out of luck. O ya they did also tell me. If I bought there carrier "and put more money in their pocket" the bearing would of lasted longer. HMMM if it would of lasted longer I might of made it to my first moto. I would advise everyone not to buy their ****. Yes my bearings were only about two weeks old

turnandburn
11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
sorry you had a bad experiance. i Have ran an rpm in my 400ex mx for two years now have not had any problems,stock carrier.They were very helpfull on the phone and i have broken other manufactors axles and have as much as bent this axle.

QuadJunkies
12-01-2005, 12:15 AM
I think our next axle will be a Team axle ;)

Ive never heard this about this with an RPM... one thing I have read about ALL AXLES is ....

they all bend and they all break

atva_63
12-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I had a rpm and a lonestar. The rpm was alot stronger than the lonestar. At lest the lonestar bent and the rpm didn't. I will never deal with then again

FHKracingZ
12-01-2005, 08:23 PM
snap crackle pop. RPM , Team , LSR . stay with them 3 and 99% u wont have problem.s

atva_63
12-02-2005, 04:38 PM
wow that is what mijne looked like "the second one". The first one was so bad I had to cut the carrier out of the swingarm.

QuadJunkies
12-02-2005, 07:05 PM
I am going to check into this company a little more....

http://www.nduro.co.uk/nduro.htm

I like the price and that it has a unlimited lifetime warrenty.

Anyone know about them ??

JOEX
12-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I am going to check into this company a little more....

http://www.nduro.co.uk/nduro.htm

I like the price and that it has a unlimited lifetime warrenty.

Anyone know about them ??
How much are they in US $ and are there any distributers or retailers on this side of the Atlantic?

QuadJunkies
12-02-2005, 09:23 PM
not sure on price yet, but yes- they can be distributed cause I know of a place who sells them in Cali. for the minis . (Im trying to find out info for the minis on them)

Im gonna find out more info :)

K_Fulk
12-02-2005, 09:51 PM
How was the axle undersized? Was the diameter to small where it rode on the bearings?

atva_63
12-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Yes where it rides on the bearing . It was .0045 smaller than the stock axle. Which is quite a bit considering the stock is smaller than the bearing. "to fit". I could take the bearing and wobble it back and forth on the axle very little but I should have to easy tap on the bearing to get a good fit.

K_Fulk
12-03-2005, 06:06 PM
How much play was in there. When you wobbled it back and forth with everything assembled.

QuadJunkies
12-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Im wondering why you ran it instead of the stock one if you noticed the playin it ?? Would they have exchanged it out for you then?:confused:

K_Fulk
12-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Im wondering why you ran it instead of the stock one if you noticed the playin it ?? Would they have exchanged it out for you then?:confused:

Thanks qj, thats what I was getting at.

If you put a brand new axle in there shouldnt be any play unless somethign is seriously wrong, axle or whatever else.

QuadJunkies
12-03-2005, 10:14 PM
I hope that question wasnt taken like Im being a smarty pants or anything, I was just wondering why it was ran if it was defective is all. ;) I debated on asking just because I didnt want to step on any toes.

atva_63
12-04-2005, 03:34 PM
No I did not notice any play in it when it was installed. After everything was tore apart I started wondering what was causing this. That is when I took a bearing and slid it on the axle to see how it fit. That is when I figured it out. The bearing was loose "wobble". I wish I could of figured this out before it cost me a few carriers.. RPM said If I checked the diameter before I ran it possibly he would of replaced it. But seriously how many people measure this before they install. I never would of thought the axle was ground wrong.