PDA

View Full Version : ceramic coating

wanta450
11-30-2005, 05:36 PM
do you do ceramic coatings and what is the advantage to them if you do what would it cost to do a stock 450r header and is it really worth doing thanks

Pappy
11-30-2005, 05:47 PM
ive done a few of them, for myself and for some local riders. all have been good but i really didnt want to get into doing them.

i have a local place that is doing a 400ex header now but they are taking FOREVER. as soon as i get it back i will post pics and pricing and hopefully get this place to keep the turn around time decent.

in all honesty, i dont know if ceramic coating can be beneficial on such a short pipe, but i will ask a few engine builders i chat with and get thier opinions.

Pappy
12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
the cost to have a stock or aftermarket 450R or YFZ header ceramic coated is $75

i havent had a chance to find anyone with affirmative info on if this process will actually aid in anything beside making the headpipe look good. i do know temp readings are lower on the ones ive done, but i am not a HP guru so i cant explain if a few degrees difference will actually do anything worthwhile.