PDA

View Full Version : Does It Hurt ???

MXRACER86
11-30-2005, 05:35 PM
I am intrested in getting a tattoo. My question is, How much does it hurt? I got no problems with needles from doctors. Can someone give me some input on this subject?

TM426
11-30-2005, 05:48 PM
I think my tattoos only hurt for the first couple minutes and then its not that bad. I sat for six hours getting one and it wasnt bad.

Hon300ex
11-30-2005, 05:53 PM
it hurts everyone differently. it also depends were u get it.

JR3
11-30-2005, 05:54 PM
depend on the location of the tattoo also

MXRACER86
11-30-2005, 06:02 PM
What if it is on your back?

Hon300ex
11-30-2005, 06:18 PM
idk it will hurt but not as bad as say the inside of ur arm if u get a band.... i imagine your lower back would hurt more then your upper back

Scott-300ex
11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Elbow hurts the worst.

Any place where it goes straigt to bone will hurt more as well.

I heard it is like razor blades cutting you after a while, that was a chick on the lower back.

Scro
11-30-2005, 07:00 PM
It is not as bad as everybody claims it to be. As stated before, it all depends where it is.

Quad18star
11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I've never gotten a tattoo , so I can't tell you from experience but I have a few friends that have gotten them done . I've heard that anywhere around the spine usually hurts a bit ... it supposably feels like someone is scratching you .

I wouldn't have figured the elbow would be the place that hurts the most . I always thought it was the one area on the body that didn't have much feeling . :confused:

But if you're affraid of the pain ... you know there's nothing half a bottle of Crown Royal can't fix . ;) :p

400exrules
11-30-2005, 08:09 PM
have a buddy go with you, and tell him to punch you in the face right before you get the tattoo......and you wont even feel that your gettin a tatoo:)

TacomaNC4X4
11-30-2005, 08:12 PM
DONT drink before you go..alcohol makes your blood thin and it will bleed like hell. i got a 6inch browning deer head on my upper arm and it kinda tingles. after the first 5min you get use to it

Dan_Guetter
11-30-2005, 08:15 PM
it feels like a very very hot razor thats on fire is constantly ripping your back open. its more annoying than it hurts, but it still hurts.. hahah

Derek G

11-30-2005, 09:24 PM
like he said^^^ it is more annying than painfull...my 1st one hurt the most, it is on my upper arm...the actual tattoo didn't hrt...my neck did from turning to watch the guy do it...the second hurt as well too...it is on the outside of my calf and my hip was hurting from lying on the table and trying watch the progrees at the same time...the third didn't hurt at all, it is between my shoulder blades and there was no way i could contort to see him...so no pain...seriously though...take a tooth pick and rub where you want to get the tattooo at for 25 minutes or so and that is what it feels like, the only difference is that the real tattoo ill feel warm compared to that

nosliw
11-30-2005, 09:40 PM
i sat and watched the pain a friend went through when he got one. it scared me off a little. watching him was gruesome.

oh.... and the pothead from of mine got "Your *** Here" on the top of his foot

kssandduner
12-01-2005, 12:18 AM
I would say it kinda feels like getting scratched by a cat. I was only in the chair for about an hour and a half, I couldn't imagine being there for 6 hours!!

jwick07
12-01-2005, 07:01 AM
I'm not saying that I enjoy pain and like to hurt myself, but I really enjoy the feeling of getting a tatto. I enjoy everything about it, from deciding were I want one to what it will be, and then I love the process of sitting in the chair and the sound of the gun and the feeling, watching the work develop, talking on my cell phone doing it and the guy that does mine is great, easy to talk with and when you see him out in town later he always comes up to you to see how it turned out later and just shoot the chit.

This is what my next one is going to be, I drew it in honor of my favorite uncle who is suffering through ALS or Lou Gerhigs(sp). His nick name is Ace and he is a good ole counrty boy. So this one is for my Uncle Ace and I'm getting it on the inside of my upper left arm.

jwick07
12-01-2005, 07:03 AM
^^^^^ Its a little rough now but I will clean and straighten it all up before its inked into me.

TheX1992
12-01-2005, 07:04 AM
It all depends on what artist you have. Every one is different. I got my back touched up last night, and it was a world of a difference between the first artist that did it, and this one. When Josh "Lunchbox" did it the first time, I was literally almost in tears. I have it inbetween my shoulder blades, but higher up towards my neck. But yesterday I had more added on to it and I almost fell asleep, except for the guy next to me who passed out when he was getting his.

Places that hurt the most:
-Inside of arms
-Face/Neck
-Ribs

Places that don't really hurt too bad:
-Arms
-Legs

Its pretty much self explanitory. Poke yourself with a needle in various spots, and you can tell the difference.

Its also hard to explain what it feels like. It can go from a burning sensation, to a cat scratch, all the way up to someone cutting you with a razor blade, just depending on how hard the artist is pushing. But after a day it's healed.

Hoped this helped.

DESDAK4
12-01-2005, 07:33 AM
A good rule of thumb is, the closer to bone the more it will hurt. There are obvious places that will hurt more. These are pics of two of my nine and are probably the only one that really hurt so to speak. My elbows did get huge after they were done. Anyway, I am like a lot of these guys who have gotten them, I find it to be a big rush getting a tattoo.

Sorry for the pic size and quality. I am shopping for a new camera I swear.

Jay

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/desdak4/Picture089.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/desdak4/Picture088.jpg

FoxRacing81
12-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I got 2 of them. The one on my inside calf hurt like a biatch, and the one on my ankle wasn't that bad. There totally worth it IMO.

TM426
12-03-2005, 04:26 PM
If you can sit and get drilled in a dentist chair you can easily take a tattoo. I got drilled again for the first time in 5 years the other day. I would take hours of the needle over 5 mins. of the drill any day. I HATE THE DENTIST:mad:

dirtriderex
12-03-2005, 06:26 PM
I would love to have a big design all over my neck and back,:devil:

Honda TRX250ex
12-03-2005, 06:59 PM
im thinking about getting the number 22 on my right arm and a 450r doing a clifhanger on the left arm
would it hurt bady and would it be expinsive?

DVXchic
12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
It didnt hurt that bad, I have one on my lower back, and one on my ankle, the ankle hurt because it is boney, the back just went numb after 5 mins and all was good after that.
Dont worry, you wont cry

Chino
12-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
im thinking about getting the number 22 on my right arm and a 450r doing a clifhanger on the left arm
would it hurt bady and would it be expinsive?

You may pass out, it may not hurt at all, everyone reacts differently to pain. Money on them can range from 50 - 1,000 + go somewhere reputable at least.

Honda TRX250ex
12-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Chino
You may pass out, it may not hurt at all, everyone reacts differently to pain. Money on them can range from 50 - 1,000 + go somewhere reputable at least.
pain dont really bother me
i laughed when i broke bones and my friends think theres somthing wrong with me

Rootar
12-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by TM426
If you can sit and get drilled in a dentist chair you can easily take a tattoo. I got drilled again for the first time in 5 years the other day. I would take hours of the needle over 5 mins. of the drill any day. I HATE THE DENTIST:mad:

thats what NOS is for :D i had 8 teeth pulled (were all half way hanging out from an accident) and all i remember was her breath easy at first (i took VERY deep breaths and i was out for 3 hours i woke up couldnt even stand up for 30 minutes

but if you cant take pain very good whip up a few tylonols in your drink and take a nap while your gettig your tatoo thats what he did unintentionally lol

Atkins
12-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Im planning on getting a ton of tats, starting over the summer when I turn 18. Im loving the beginning stages of searching for inspiration for the right first tattoo everywhere I look, and I hope the rest of the expirience is as fun and enjoyable as this.

Another thing, I definitely dont mind the pain at all because I feel like if its going to be a permanent part of myself for as long as I live, I damn well better feel something when its going on...almost like I need to earn it in some way.

tater_kamik
12-04-2005, 10:07 AM
it wasnt too bad for me, got one on my shoulder blade. only annoying thing was the leaking it does later...

Mxjunkie
12-04-2005, 10:50 AM
dirka thats sick!

hondamxer161
12-04-2005, 01:45 PM
ive got a large custom tribal shoulder cap and then some lettering on my chest...i would make sure to find an artist you are comfortable enough with to trust their work. i have as many hours into designing my tribal as i do actually in the chair (11 + 11). everyone that says tattoos are addictive is right, nothin wrong with gettin more just gotta stay smart about it. im sure ill have more but not sure what i want right now. ill try and get some pics of mine soon.

mike

ps. gauging ears is just as addictive. im at 5/8" lobes.

Atreyu
12-04-2005, 01:51 PM
I got a pretty big one on my back..it hurt the most when it hit the notches on my spine. The outlining hurt too..filling was easy. I guess its different for everyone.