PDA

View Full Version : anybody here into mixed martial arts

(T) (L) (U)
11-30-2005, 03:40 PM
i was just wondering if any body here was into mixed martial arts. i have reall y taken an interest in them

MOFO
11-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I practiced Tae Kwon Do for 6 years and received my black belt. I really enjoyed it. GREAT workout as well as developing your hand eye coordination. I played sports in high school and nothing even came close to practicing martial arts.

I was lucky because my master instructor did not just focus on one style... we got some training covering different styles.

wilkin250r
11-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I've heard of some people mixing basketball and martial arts, but that's a little different.

Me, I'm a wrestler. I wrestled and coached for years.

(T) (L) (U)
11-30-2005, 04:17 PM
i just wanted to no because this has become a really big interest to me and i was wonderin what style to take

and wilkin 250r are you talkin bout the kid who got foulded and drop kicked his openet

(T) (L) (U)
11-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Damn i can't spell

Nick110
11-30-2005, 05:08 PM
im in to UFC but dont do it. i kinda want to but i know my parents wont let me. most of the guys in UFC ( ultimate fighting championship) are masters in Brazilian Ju jitsu

(T) (L) (U)
11-30-2005, 05:48 PM
bump

duke416ex
12-01-2005, 07:27 AM
I love UFC too, I would take a shot at doing it if I could, but I am getting to old to get into the training that I need. UFC has changed a lot in the last few years also, I really injoyed the tournaments that they had in the beginning, plus it was more of a no hold br fighting then. I also don't like the fight coming down to decision, but that's just me.

Dirtiredneck
12-01-2005, 07:55 AM
I took Brazilian Ju jitsu under a Gracie trained instructor for a while and loved it. You get tore up with a lot of bruises and burns. I just watch UFC as much as possible now and hit the gym. I can still pull it out if I ever need to really use it....Go try it...

Nick110
12-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I love UFC too, I would take a shot at doing it if I could, but I am getting to old to get into the training that I need. UFC has changed a lot in the last few years also, I really injoyed the tournaments that they had in the beginning, plus it was more of a no hold br fighting then. I also don't like the fight coming down to decision, but that's just me.

yea it was a lot better a couple years ago. I wasnt into it much back then but i have old videos with great fights. When Shamrock and those guys used to fight until someone was knocked out and didnt wear the 8 gram gloves. Its still cool now but i liked it better with bare knuckles until a knock out.

blasteracer24
12-01-2005, 05:55 PM
if i didnt already have a million hobbies i would love to take mixed martial arts. i love the ufc and would lone to be able too fight like some of the guys in the cage. my favorite is chuck lidell though. i like his toe to toe style.

TheIceMan
12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
my favorite is chuck lidell though. i like his toe to toe style.

me too :devil:

also an "Axe Murderer" fan

:macho

(T) (L) (U)
12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
i like forrest griffen

K_Fulk
12-02-2005, 09:29 PM
I went to this guys school when it was hear in town for a little bit.

http://bjj.org/a/people/chitwood-shawn.html

I would still like to go but its kind of hard to find the time being married, with a kid and still have time for work , and racing and working on my quad.

I stopped by his new school one day this summer. And ended up grappling with his brother. I cold take him down no problem, but he schooled me after I did. :p

The jiu jitsu kind of screwed me up when I was in high school, after I would go back to wrestling I was all messed up for awhile ( going to my back).

(T) (L) (U)
02-17-2006, 08:48 AM
b2tt

400exrules
02-17-2006, 09:08 AM
mmm i have guns

lol, but i like to watch UFC, they make everyone look like pussies

lostcreekz450
02-17-2006, 09:25 AM
i do muay thia and jui jitsu im also a wreslter at solanco highschool phillymma.com

(T) (L) (U)
02-17-2006, 10:33 AM
right now im takin frestyle mma- its a mix of all the arts aplied for best use in a mma fight