PDA

View Full Version : couple 06' questions

2fiddy
11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
I have herd of some having a oil using problem, some even locking up. Also herd that some have alot of loose bolts which really aint a concern. Thinking of gettin an 06 and just want to know all the pros and cons of them. Also do they jump good?

quadracer12
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
well mine don't use any oil at all. i heard the older ones did. but this is a whole new motor. i dont know about other owners but mine don't. never heard of one lockin up either. you got a link the a site where someone said it or is this from someone you know first hand. only problem mine has in starting with and throttle.

2fiddy
11-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanx for the info. I read it on here. I forget what the name of the thread is but someone was complaining about using oil and some other guys said there does to and I think 1 or 2 of them said there ended up locking up. Not sure what years there's are. Whats the differences from the 05 and 06?

Jonas
12-01-2005, 06:34 AM
There is a ton of knowledge and info on this forum if you just weed through the crap a little. If you don't like to use the search feature then just scroll back a few pages and you will find all of your answers. The '06 is a very similar looking looking but has many significant changes.

Shocka400ex
12-01-2005, 08:18 AM
It's too easy for people to jump on their bike, ride the pi$$ out of it, never check or change the oil, and then complain about it seizing up. I see it happen all the time. These new motors don't have an oil cooler that holds a bunch of oil and just like anyone who owns a dirtbike, you should check or change the oil after every couple rides. I normally change my oil after two races.

remmyTRX
12-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I haven't had any problems. I checked all bolts and they were pretty tight.

During the first few hours, I did notice mine used up some oil... but not too bad.

Besides that, I have had no problems - except for arm cramps because of holding on for dear life! :)

XCRACER26
12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
are you sure you cant see the oil? Because my 05 looks like its uses oil up then just let it sit on a level suface and its all there. I have a whole racing year on my motor and it doen't burn any oil at all.

balzout
12-06-2005, 06:57 AM
sounds to me like these guys are checkin the oil right after a ride.let it set a lil cool down to let the oil drain back down.you over fill you will seize the engine.its better to run on the low side than too much.