PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stabilizers

400exrider0004
11-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey guys, I am looking at steering stabilizers and am wondering which one I should get. Im trying to decide between Denton, Pep, and Gibson? I have also heard of w.e.r. but dont feel like spending 500$ on it. I ride and drag race in the dunes, and ride trails. Will the stabilizer help in these applications? I need to know which one to choose out of the three. If you have any experience with any of these please share!!

Thanks for your help! Josh

rob-u/21
11-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Yes, a steering stabilizer will help in any type of riding. Out of those 3 I only have experience with a Denton and I am very pleased with it. I would think they would all work the same. One thing though, the Denton and Gibson are rebuildable, the PEP isn't. I think.

Honda
11-29-2005, 08:08 PM
A friend of mine purchased a denton, Rode with it one time and all the fluid leaked out of it, I am not sure why, he is still in the process of getting a rebuild kit for it.

I have a GPR, and I love it. The Precisions are really nice also. I know they are a lot of money, but they are worth every penny.

;)

trx400exxracer
11-29-2005, 08:23 PM
GPR or Denton

400exrider0004
11-29-2005, 09:37 PM
If I go with a Denton will it be a good choice? Or should I save up or just go with the Denton since I dont race and need an "advanced" stabilizer like w.e.r., GPR, or PRP. Im thinking of just goin with the Denton!!!

400exMO
11-30-2005, 10:05 AM
how much better is the GPR over denton. I'm needing one sometime soon as well, but would like to only spend 150. Is the Denton still a great upgrade that will be worth the 150.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-30-2005, 10:15 AM
The Denton is well worth the upgrade you won't notice how much it helps untill you have riden with one and they ride a atv without one you will appreciate it then...

adrenaline
11-30-2005, 03:01 PM
im still up in the air on mine either going gpr or precision..so tuff
the gpr is covered for life though if it breaks they fix but the precision is supposed to be the best..i hear the dentons and peps dont last long a few rides and then i hear they lasted a long time..id rather spend the extra $$ and have a good stabilzer that is reliable!

BLACKeR
11-30-2005, 04:04 PM
i hear the dentons and peps dont last long a few rides and then i hear they lasted a long time.

lol dont know where you heard that, i have had a denton on my bike for a while and its still works great. that average rider doesnt need the $500 one. also im pretty sure the gibson/denton/PEP are all pretty much the same. most of that type of dampner are all made in germany by the same company. if the outside isnt the same the internals are.

400exrider0004
11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Im going to go with a Denton! Thanks for all your help!

Sjorge450R
11-30-2005, 06:12 PM
i have the denton rebuildable on my 300ex and I keep in on the softess setting and that is enough for me.

dirtdude
12-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by adrenaline
im still up in the air on mine either going gpr or precision..so tuff
the gpr is covered for life though if it breaks they fix but the precision is supposed to be the best..i hear the dentons and peps dont last long a few rides and then i hear they lasted a long time..id rather spend the extra $$ and have a good stabilzer that is reliable!

You may want to read GPR warranty, that covered for life isn’t your life it’s the life of the product so once it breaks or wears out they can say its life is over.

teamtackett14
12-09-2005, 09:06 PM
go with the wer or persision its worth the money if you dont want to spend alot the denton 7way rebuildable is a good stabilizer
stay away from peps they suck bad