PDA

View Full Version : Works shocks rebuild

Brehmmotorsport
11-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Anyone know of a good place to have my works triple rate shocks rebuilt and a price if you know. I live in pa. I know of lost creek can do it but does anyone else.

yamablaster24
11-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I can rebuild them for 95 dollars Nitrogen Charge is 25.00 per shock from my dealer, premium shock oil is 10 dollars and will do 2 shocks. Shipping to return will be roughly 12 dollars in north east. The rest is for gas and parts cleaners,rags(this is a messy job) and to have some coin in my pocket.

Brehmmotorsport
11-29-2005, 04:52 PM
thanks for the the reply but I'm not sure what the final cost would be. Are you a dealer and do you put new seals in for the price you give me.

Brehmmotorsport
11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Sorry I wanted to know the final cost for both shocks.

yamablaster24
11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
no im not a dealer my buddy does it for a living and showed me how to do them when doing my MX blaster. I have done several since then. Seals are additional if they are needed. I have never had to put them in but if they are leaking i will put them in. They are 7 each from works i believe. Some say o why not replace them while you have the shock torn apart? Well most of the time unless the shock have sat and dry rotted or something the seals are fine. If there is no sign of oil leaking on the shock and the shaft is clean ill leave the old ones. After i rebuild them i always install them and make sure they work like they should

Brehmmotorsport
11-29-2005, 08:54 PM
anyone else have any quotes on this. trying to get prices

vinson581
11-30-2005, 06:50 AM
a few places to send them to

santo derisi

back to works

GT thunder

idk what im doing with my works, most likely selling them because they just dont have the edge im looking for.