PDA

View Full Version : Dont waste your money!!!

QuadR8cer12
06-25-2002, 12:22 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/martech_racing (MARTECH RACING)
Dont waste your money on a lock nut or any other crap like that!! All you need is some electrical tape!!! All you need to do is tape it up with the tape a few times and it wont move!! So save your self $200 and just use the tape!! Please check out my web site!

ESR250R
06-25-2002, 12:57 PM
link isnt working for me

06-25-2002, 12:59 PM
thanks for the tip!
elc. tape sucks. use duct tape! it works much beter

Razorback
06-25-2002, 02:45 PM
here's your link working:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/martech_racing/

not sure what $200 you're talking about though? you can get an axle lock nut for under $40, but you may be talking about something else. now, anti-fade lock nuts are $150+, so maybe that's it...

QuadR8cer12
06-25-2002, 05:50 PM
Sorry about that!!http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/martech_racing

Mxbubs
06-25-2002, 08:28 PM
Ive tried the rad lock nut and the lonestar. Both are TOTAL CRAP. The stock nut with a little electrical tape works better.

400exRacerX
06-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Actually what works for me is a durablue anti fade on a lsr axle. Its a real tight fit. Its so tight that you need to tap the antifade hub onto the splines with a hammer and a brass punch. But it will never loosen.

Razorback
06-26-2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Ive tried the rad lock nut and the lonestar. Both are TOTAL CRAP. The stock nut with a little electrical tape works better.

i'm surprised you've had problems. i've been using a rad lock nut for a couple of months with a few races and several practices and haven't had any problems.

06-26-2002, 07:46 AM
My axle lock nut has been abused for about 2 years now and it's working great....but I did remove my motor mounts and tie-rods and used duct tape to hold the motor in place and twigs as tie-rods..:rolleyes:

Razorback
06-26-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Rico
and twigs as tie-rods..:rolleyes:

lol :D and just think, you're always ready for a campfire...

Teufel
06-26-2002, 08:20 AM
I use the LSR antifade/ loc nut and love it, mainly because it draws the heat from the rotor. It's locking/ staying ability is an xtra. I agree it you just want to secure the loc-nut use some 200mph tape :cool:

06-26-2002, 08:59 AM
I hope the LSR anti fade is better than their POS lock nut.

The standard LSR lock nut is good for about two rides, I got one for free and still paid too much.:grr

Doibugu2
06-26-2002, 09:13 AM
I got a question, what the **** does this lock nut do? If everyone is having so many problems with the aftermarket products, why wouldn't you stay with the stock nut? But I have no clue on what I am talking about.

Razorback
06-26-2002, 09:25 AM
basically, it keeps your brake rotor tight against the bearing carrier and helps tighten up the axle, so it doesn't wabble and pre-maturely wear out your bearings or cause your chain to come off. the lock nut goes over a threaded sleeve. the sleeve pushes against the rotor to tighten it up. the reason people replace the stock one is because the stock one is made with two pieces and gets seized easily and is a pain in the rear to take off for maintenance of the axle or bearing carrier.

the aftermarket lock nuts have a totally different design, using a single nut and a hex head bolt to tighten it down. it's a much better design than the stock, in my opinion.

if you ever have to take off a stock one that is rusted/frozen on, you'll understand.

RollAxis400ex
06-26-2002, 11:17 AM
i would say dont waste ur time with trying to tape the stock nut cause i couldnt get that or the $40 loc nut to work. i have an rpm anti fade nut and it works so great. Not just keeping it tight but also when it comes time to take the axle to put new axle barrings in it comes off with no problem were the stock nut has to be cut off sometimes. I dont no i guess if u have to time to sit there with wd40 and a wiserd u can but if u at the track and only 20 min before ur next moto the anti fade nut works great

06-26-2002, 11:47 AM
If everyone is having so many problems with the aftermarket products, why wouldn't you stay with the stock nut?

Good point, I guess there are many reasons like: the people who need to have all the trick stuff, those who do a lot of maint and want a set up thats easier to work with and then theres the problem That happend on the raptor. After putting in the new LSR axcaliber axle and finding that it was the wrong one (was for a 01 not an 02) LSR offered to send their lock nut I guess so they wouldnt have to pay for shipping on swapping the axle. Well now its a mess the axle doesnt have enough threads for the stock nut set up and the LSR nut SUCKS. the threads wore out in a couple of weeks. I am now looking for a set up that will work so the guy doenst have to use a single half of the stock nuts and some duct tape.

Pretty interesting that duct tape works better than the LSR nut:rolleyes: