PDA

View Full Version : Xmas - what to get mom?

reichart90
11-29-2005, 01:28 PM
i need help with this pleeeease. ideas from anyone. haha and hold the sick/sarcastic ones. lol. but honestly, this is what i dislike about this time of year.

11-29-2005, 01:31 PM
depends what your mom is into..if shes in to ATV;s and stuff get her like a race mom shirt from a magazine or if shes a soccer mom get her a soccer mom shirt or a magnet for her car...cloths never hurt especialy plain tshirts. really depends on what she likes and how old she is...my grandma is like 80 years old and she plays poker like everynight so i just get her playing cards every year

rmz250
11-29-2005, 01:32 PM
thongs

450r51
11-29-2005, 01:33 PM
cant go wrong with bath supplies or jewelery. women always like that chit.

400exrules
11-29-2005, 01:39 PM
prob this perfume that she really likes, and hell no im not steppin foot into the perfume area at the mall......im gonna order it over the internet lol

reichart90
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
usually my last resort is jewelry.. or a gift certificate to a spa
i always feel like a dirtbag for doing that though

Cody_300ex
11-29-2005, 03:25 PM
Something from bath & body. :ermm:

derekhonda
11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
got mine a digital camera this year, only thing she said she wanted....

sspalco
11-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Being a mom, don't go with bath supplies. Gift certificates shouldn't make you feel bad. At least that way we can get something we relly want. If she reads, Borders or Barnes & Nobel. If she like to cook, Bed bath & Beyond or Linens and things. There are lots of places to get ****, but the most important thing to most mothers is you just being there spending time with her.

wilkin250r
11-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Actually, a gift certificate to a spa is a very good idea. It's something she is not likely to buy for herself.

I used to get them for my mother all the time, gift certificates for a pedicure at a really nice day spa. They sit her in a comfy chair, bring her wine, little snacks, massage her feet, ect ect. Moms rarely ever get pampered. This gives her a day to herself, or with her friends, to giggle and such. You know, girl stuff.

If possible, don't get a gift certificate for a dollar amount, but try to get a gift certificate for a service, like a pedicure, massage, mudbath, ect. Like I said, it's not something she is likely to buy for herself, but she would certainly enjoy.

PunkA$$
11-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by reichart90
usually my last resort is jewelry.. or a gift certificate to a spa
i always feel like a dirtbag for doing that though

BOOYAH!! do the spa thing. You can't lose.

trx400exxracer
11-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah get her like a gift certificate to a place she likes
examples
bath & bobyworks
scrapbook store
or what ever kinda store she likes

4oorider
11-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
cant go wrong with bath supplies or jewelery. women always like that chit.

i always get that stuff, you cant go wrong with that stuff

certificates and gift cards are great too

stc416rider
11-29-2005, 04:38 PM
gift cirtificate

stiffy
11-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Go for Jewlery it's something she will always have.

SGA
11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Actually, a gift certificate to a spa is a very good idea. It's something she is not likely to buy for herself.

I used to get them for my mother all the time, gift certificates for a pedicure at a really nice day spa. They sit her in a comfy chair, bring her wine, little snacks, massage her feet, ect ect. Moms rarely ever get pampered. This gives her a day to herself, or with her friends, to giggle and such. You know, girl stuff.

If possible, don't get a gift certificate for a dollar amount, but try to get a gift certificate for a service, like a pedicure, massage, mudbath, ect. Like I said, it's not something she is likely to buy for herself, but she would certainly enjoy.
I agree, get her somthing so she can pamper herself. Moms rarely spend money on themseves for pampering.