PDA

View Full Version : LIfted my Sportsman 500 HO

nitrorulz
11-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I haven't owned this Utility long, mainly a sportquad guy, but thought since I own a 4X4 shop, it would go along good at my shop and be fun to trail ride with!

I started with my '02 Sportsman 500 HO and a Gorilla 6" with their Xtreme duty axles. I then added ITP C-7's wrapped with 29.5 Swamplites. The lift takes a while to do, and is quite involved. I just finished it yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to go see what it does yet, but its a blast around my parking lot here at my shop!

Heres a couple pics:

http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/thepilotmaster/sports.jpg

http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/thepilotmaster/szilla.jpg

http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/thepilotmaster/szilla2.jpg

b400ex
11-29-2005, 03:59 PM
thats sweet! what kind of lift did u get for it?

nitrorulz
12-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the compliment! Its a Gorilla 6" w/ 29.5 Swamplites! Its got 18" of GC under the front diff!

MudMonsterGrizz
12-01-2005, 10:48 AM
You can get more than that with a Gorilla lift.

bigbadbrad
12-01-2005, 09:03 PM
that is a gorrila lift you idoit

MudMonsterGrizz
12-05-2005, 10:07 AM
You should watch who you call an idiot…I probably have more knowledge about lifts in my little pinky than you have in your entire body.

You should re-read what I wrote. What I mean is that he can get more than 18” with his Gorilla lift meaning that he is not fully utilizing the amount of lift that kit is able of producing. He would be at the low end of what that kit is capable of. Most Polaris’ I have seen with the Gorilla lift get at least around 20” with 29.5’s.

nitrorulz
12-06-2005, 09:55 AM
he is not fully utilizing the amount of lift that kit is able of producing.

Hey MMG, how would I get 2 more inches of lift since its not adjustable?

MudMonsterGrizz
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
You can get more out of the suspension most of the time. I know I got a good solid 1.5” ground clearance just from stiffening up my suspension. It’s important that an extended bike has a very stiff suspension because with the lift you are increasing the leverage all the parts have to break and you want to assure they are moving as little as possible. I’ll be the first to tell you that my bike rides like crap, but it doesn’t break stuff all the time either because most of the parts in the driveline aren’t moving hardly at all.

That would be the first place I would look anyhow. Possibly look at putting some spring spacers in to stiffen the ride up. I am using some 2” spacers right now, but at one point I had 4”. One thing I have seen some people do on the Polaris’ is put the rear springs on the front as well as the rear. The rear heavy duty springs are very stiff and will give you maximum GC with minimal sag.

If I were you I would go on the HighLifter website and post something on the forum about how to get maximum GC with the Gorilla lift. There are several people on there with Polaris’ that are getting 20” GC with the kit.

nitrorulz
12-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I thought I had all the lift the kit came with at 6". I knew you could add spacers, but didn't wanna do it. I'm very happy with the 6" and the lift the 29.5's gave too. I heard Hi-lifter was now working on bigger lifts like 6", have you heard that?

Sam

MudMonsterGrizz
12-08-2005, 05:28 PM
I know HL was working on some lifts, but don't think they ever got any completed. Only time will tell if they ever come out, but the lift would be comparable to the Gorilla lifts from what I have seen of the kits that were completed.