PDA

View Full Version : what a deal i got

xcracer416
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
well ive always wanted to own an R, finally i got one. i traded one of my bone stock 400ex's for an '86 race ready 250r. it has a 265 motor with wiseco piston v-force reed cage and reeds, clarke oversized gas tank, ohlin front shocks, re-valved rear, new chain,great plastics with red maier hood, lonestar steering stem mount,new tie rod ends,beefy tie rods,fmf head pipe with two silencers i have the turbine core on there now, billet water pump cover, dura blue axle nut, new front tires and rims(tires gotta go), all new bearings all the way across the chassis, omf rad scoops, graydon nerfs, ac bumper, new cables, ceet gripper seat cover. i think thats all it has i think but i might have forgot something.
do you think i got a deal? im so happy cant wait to take it out this weekend and hit the trails, and wait for the next race!

everette

xlr810
11-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Congratulations on your new acquisition! And welcome to the club. Post some pics on here for us.

Sounds like you have some decent riding experience-- judging by your signature. I trust that the R is in good hands. If you put in the time getting to know your machine, modify it according to your needs, and stay on top of the maintenance-- you'll have a better ride than even a heavily modified 400ex; night and day difference from the stocker you traded.

xcracer416
11-29-2005, 02:01 PM
yeah i rode the stock ex like 20 minutes around the yard one day and when i saw how much it was a dog compared to my other ex i figured i was gonna keep it for parts. then out of the blue sunday this dude drives up and wants to trade i was like hell yeah! i rode the R around the house in the yard for about 10 minutes and man what a difference, i love the power delivery quick and snappy if you stay in the rpm range and wow what a ride to so smooth, handles night and day compared to my 416ex. my ex on a good day cant handle like my R. the new addition will have plenty of care and maintence done to it after every ride.

what can i say i love it!

everette

JDiablo
11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
I love the R that i had for a day before i parted it,i will soon own another one :macho

xcracer416
11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
i plan owning this quad as long as i live..........even if those tree hugging enviromentalist dont like it