PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Racer, Scott Smalley, House in Flames & Needs Our Support

Admin
11-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Harrison, PA (11/19/05) - Scott Smalley just wrapped up another impressive year of GNCC racing in the Vet Class, and he recently purchased a new home for his newly formed family as him and Heather exchanged their marriage vows just two weeks ago on November 12th, but just as the everything was looking bright, disaster struck when Heather found their new home engulfed in smoke when she returned home from shopping.

The couple and two children lost almost everything they owned in the blaze that raged through their home. The fire was presumably started by an overheated hot water heater which exploded. Regardless of the cause, the Smalley family was left homeless, and they surely need all the help they can receive during this time of need.

As a member of the ATV community, I feel a need to help my fellow racer and friend, and I hope others are willing and able to help the Smalley family during their difficult time because a little help from hundreds of people can go a long way in getting them back on their feet before the holidays.

It has been brought to my attention that Mike, Instigatorracing.com, has already started a fund raiser for the Smalley family, and I plan to donate $100 to the fund in an effort to help them and I encourage others to donate as well.

Please indicate donation in the memo section of the check/money order or in your paypal payment description

Paypal users can send donations to: info@instigatorracing.com

Please send Money Orders & Checks to:
"The Smalley's"
c/o Instigator Racing
PO Box 76
Freeport PA 16229

For more information on the house fire, read the article in the Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05330/612861.stm)

Pappy
11-29-2005, 09:06 AM
this has just been a terrible year for alot of folks:(

best wishes to the Smalley family in dealing with this, and thank god noone was injured

450robot
11-29-2005, 11:21 AM
glad everyone is ok, best of wishes

i'll help out for sure with what i have! my mom is friends with his brother, i will have to tell her about this

stc416rider
11-29-2005, 05:22 PM
wow my prayrs go out to them

iwreckedmyquad
12-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Thank god no body was injured good luck to them all

Scro
12-03-2005, 08:05 AM
My prayers will go out to the Smalley family.