PDA

View Full Version : What is the length for LT shocks?

Kovatch
11-29-2005, 07:44 AM
I was wondering how long the LT shocks usually are for the 450r. I know they can vary b/c of a-arms brand and shock brand. But what do your's measure. I have a set of almost new PEPs from a YFZ I will be selling shortly and I want to find as many bikes they can fit so they will sell fast.

Thanks

11-29-2005, 10:23 AM
i would say yfz only, 450r shocks are around 18.5-19.5 inches, but i wouldnt try to get them on a 450r

CdaleXtreme
11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
You can go by a rule of thumb, by going off of A-arm style.

A-arms that have shock mounts above the A-arm Like: Roll-Design, Lonestar, Gibson, Walsh (old Style) etc., should have simliar leverage ratios and shock length.

A-arms like, Laeger, Walsh (A-33), JB, Epic, etc., should have a similar leverage ratio, and tend to be a little longer than the previously mentioned setups.

This isnt exactly, but the shocks can usually be made to work in those situations.

R3Concepts
11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Like stated above they range from 19-20.5 inches...20.5 for ArsFx and Walsh,primarily the makers that run the longest shock.

QuadJunkies
03-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Now doesnt running a set of A-arms that are designed lets say for a 19 inch shock affect how the shock is gonna mount up if its a 20 inch shock?? I know with our mini that it was not a good set up in this instance.. :confused:

I am wonder this because I want to buy Custon Axis but want to make sure that I can run the aarms (epic) made to fit that shock the RIGHT way...
Any feedback guys??