PDA

View Full Version : where is there to race in PA

KOG
11-29-2005, 06:45 AM
i am going to plan on racing this year buthave no clue when in Pa to race other than Wolfmans oh yea what all do i need to race in c or stock class

yoshz400rider
11-29-2005, 07:58 AM
what area of PA are you located in Pittsburgh and western Pa Central Pa Norhtern PA or Eastern PA if your in the West check out racecra.org I race a harescramble every weekend from March til December all there tracks are in Ohio excpet for one is in clarion but they are all in eastern ohio mostly about hour and half to three hours from downtown pittsburgh.

KOG
11-29-2005, 12:24 PM
i live in bedford county does anyone know if there are any race track around altoona

161xchonda
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
i live in greene county and do a ton of district races around that area. check out district5ama.org. that is the district website. mapleshade may be kind of close to you too.

ex kid
11-29-2005, 06:21 PM
www.amadistrict6.com

MX, and Harescrambles

www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Harescrambles

161xchonda
11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
try challenger raceway or pleasure valley in johnstown which is a real nice track. my dad is a represenative and he said those may be pretty close.

450r51
11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
www.d4mxatava.com its in ny and pa, and mapleshade is an excellent track if ur close to it. its a d5 and d4 track.

161xchonda
11-29-2005, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KOG
[B]i am going to plan on racing this year buthave no clue when in Pa to race other than Wolfmans oh yea what all do i need to race in c or stock class
in district 5 we do not have a stock class so you should run c class for mx. not sure about the class structures for the harescrambles though

KOG
11-30-2005, 06:51 AM
ok thanks guys ill check out those web sites i live like 3 miles from the breezewood proving grounds if that helps any

honda400ex68b
12-01-2005, 08:24 PM
rocketraceway.com is in three springs, pa and panther hollow raceway is in mcconnellstown, near huntingdon, pa. panther is not ama santioned, but rocket is. rocket has practice every saturday and panther has practice on tuesday's, starting around april. panther usually sends me a schedule for the year around march, if you were interested, i could email or post the schedule on here.

hsr
12-01-2005, 08:29 PM
mapleshade mx, most quad friendly track in d5 ;)

jaspurx
12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
there are races at the Cambria County War Memorial ( Johnstown)January 27 &28 tiny track but fun in January I`m trying to get an ice race series together , will keep u posted on that .
Also try Field of Dreams in Boswell , listed in 4 wheel atv action , lots of listings there.

Good luck ,
Keep the rubber side down!

BLURR250X
12-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Has anyone been to the winter nationals at the Cambria County War memorial. I've wanted to go the past couple years but was wondering how tight it was racing in there. I've played hockey there and know that theres not much room in there.Just wondering how they manage to set up a track inside.

jaspurx
02-11-2006, 11:47 PM
It is definately tight in there , I only managed third place. I might have done better if I had my a-arm designs past the development/testing stages done. I had trouble 2 wheeling while everybody had problems getting traction. I think that the holeshot mxr4`s helped me out in the traction department , had to be careful not to get them hooking up too good. I got stuck with the 4th start position twice , and fought my way up to second in the heat race. Then I got 4th again in the main , and fought my way into third. Not too shabby for running a 400ex against 450`s and a pretty bad ktm520xc hybrid. I`ll have to see what I can do about getting my pics worked over , it is a bit dark in there. I`ll see if I can get them scanned either way , you guys may know how to get a picture fixed better than I can.