PDA

View Full Version : Need new yellow plastics...but I want to keep my quadtech hood...

Daredevil1
11-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, this winter the 440 is getting new skin. I want to go with yellow plastics instead of my traditional red. My dilemma is this.....here are my criteria for plastics:

-Yellow color
-Shiny
-One piece front
-I want to put my carbon fiber quadtech hood on the front plastic

I wanted fullbore, but the problem is I dont know if I want to spend $250 for fullbore fronts and then hack a hole in the top to put on my hood.

I was planning on getting the matching fullbore rear plastics so they are consistent, but does the fullbore rear plastic have any different styling or features from stock which makes it worth $250 also?

Since I am planning on hacking up the fronts for the hood, how do the "yellow" colors compare between Maier and Fullbore? Does Maier offer single piece front plastics?

To sum this up, I am looking to change to yellow (shiny), with one piece front plastics and add my hood while keeping the cost to a respectable level. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Daredevil1
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
I may have answered my own question...apparently now maier offers a one piece front race plastic for cheaper that the fullbores.

Does anybody have a picture of the yellow maier uses so I can tell if thats the shade of yellow Im looking for? They also offer a neon yellow so I would like to be able to see the difference when they are actually mounted.