PDA

View Full Version : bushings too wide...

SUPER_DAVE
11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Well I've had these 250r a-arms laying around my house and I went to see if they would fit on my 300 and the bushings where to wide for the mount. Is there anyway I can buy new bushings that arent as wide?

300exOH
11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
It's not an ideal setup but you can do it if you use the bushings from the 30ex arms they will fit. It causes about as many problems as it fixes though. I'd highly suggest doing a search on this before you try it.

SUPER_DAVE
11-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Are you talkin about using the 300ex bushings in the 250r a-arms or just using the 250r a-arms in general?

300exOH
11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by SUPER_DAVE
Are you talkin about using the 300ex bushings in the 250r a-arms or just using the 250r a-arms in general?

The 300ex bushings in the 250r a arms will make them fit fine. The 250r a arms on the 300ex are what doesn't work well.

SUPER_DAVE
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh ok, I see. I think they will be fine enough for me. I do not plan on racing, just woods and trail riding. Also I have some triple rates that will help take some of the bumpsteer and what not out a little better than some stock shocks.

300exOH
11-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh ok, I see. I think they will be fine enough for me. I do not plan on racing, just woods and trail riding. Also I have some triple rates that will help take some of the bumpsteer and what not out a little better than some stock shocks.

I thought they would be fine for me too. That's why I tried it myself. I only trail ride with mine and I just never liked the feel of the setup. If you already have the parts then give it a try but I just thought I'd give you a heads up. The shocks won't affect the bumpsteer though. A steering damper might help some.

Butters
11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
yeah i would just buy stuff made for the 300. it will give you a better result. i tried 400ex a-arms and ended up trading them, cause i didn't like the setup.

SUPER_DAVE
11-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I really don't ride that often as I'm off at school and away from home. I was just playing around with these for the time being because I got them from a friend. Actually, I really need to be focused on finding a whole rearend. :(

bwamos
11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I really don't ride that often as I'm off at school and away from home. I was just playing around with these for the time being because I got them from a friend. Actually, I really need to be focused on finding a whole rearend. :(

350x swinger (longer) and axle (wider) and an 01 Raptor Rear shock (rebuildable) will fit right up to a 300ex.

SUPER_DAVE
11-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
350x swinger (longer) and axle (wider) and an 01 Raptor Rear shock (rebuildable) will fit right up to a 300ex.

Yeah that's what I wanted to do, but I don't believe I'll be able to find a 350x swinger as easy or cheap as a 300ex swinger.

Where would be a good place to look for one besides on here and ebay? What peformance shops sale used atv parts at reasonable prices?

300exOH
11-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah that's what I wanted to do, but I don't believe I'll be able to find a 350x swinger as easy or cheap as a 300ex swinger.

Where would be a good place to look for one besides on here and ebay? What peformance shops sale used atv parts at reasonable prices?

You could try www.cyclesrus.net but it's in Ohio so shipping may be pricey. Or you could search for a bike/atv salvage yard near you. Honestly eBay or here would be the cheapest route by far though.

SUPER_DAVE
11-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah I figured here and ebay are my best bet. I guess I'm going to have to set me up a paypal account. The only thing I don't like about ebay is the bidding. I hate watching items for weeks. I'd rather just know what they wanted for it and just buy the thing already. :eek2:

If you know anyone with any of the parts I'm looking for tell them to shoot me a PM.

thanks for the help

300exOH
11-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah I figured here and ebay are my best bet. I guess I'm going to have to set me up a paypal account. The only thing I don't like about ebay is the bidding. I hate watching items for weeks. I'd rather just know what they wanted for it and just buy the thing already. :eek2:

If you know anyone with any of the parts I'm looking for tell them to shoot me a PM.

thanks for the help

If you don't want to watch an auction constantly then you can proxy bid(the highest you will pay) and just check it on the last day. Or you could look for a buy it now item but you're better off bidding. Good luck finding your parts.

bwamos
11-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by bwamos

Correcting myself.. I beleive the 300ex/Raptor shocks are too short for the 350x swinger. You need one that's a little longer.

If you can find a 300ex +2 swinger cheaper, go for it. ;) It's always a better bet.