PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my System!

m250r
11-28-2005, 07:42 PM
I currently own a Alpine headunit and Alpine rear speakers. For Christmas i plan to get:

-Front Alpine speakers
-An amp
-Possibly subs

One of my friends told me that you cant use an amp unless you have subs..is this true. Also, i am thinking about purchasing subs and a box off ebay.

Please check it out..item # 5835623582

How will i make sure that this will fit in my car and work with my system? Help me out here guys!

Ripitupfilms
11-28-2005, 07:45 PM
dont do ebay get it from a local place then you can see it in person and get somewhat of a warranty

m250r
11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
should i get the same speakers for the front that i have for the back?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 08:03 PM
get some nice powerful 6x9's for the back and your friend is wrong...you can run an amp to speakers other than subs.... by the way, you can buy my 12's and kenwood amp with the box and everything for 200 if you pay for shipping.... theres a link to pics in my for sale thread...and you dont have to match the brand of subs with your head unit or other speakers....the amp can also be different

m250r
11-28-2005, 08:07 PM
are the 12's in good shape? did you feel that they put out a decent amount of bass? Will it fit in the back of my explorer?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
they have minimal scratches here and there that dont affect the sound at all as for power....lol if you turn the amp's power all the way up and the head unit volume to about half way you cant see out of any of the mirrors cause they shake so freakin bad....lol so ......yes they're quite loud....they'll easily fit into an explorer...had them in the trunk of a stratus and a civic.....

m250r
11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
do you have any other pictures of the amp and subs other than whats posted?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 08:17 PM
no just front view, rear view and dimensions...what do you wanna see?

m250r
11-28-2005, 08:19 PM
maybe like a picture of the scratches and stuff like that...will it come with all the wiring equipment?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 08:28 PM
theres like 2 spots on the cone where the paint is rubbed off(size of peas) but nothing past that... you would need to buy a wiring kit at wal mart or sumthin.....like 15 bucks.... just need a power wire...ground wire....remote wire....and audio wire....

m250r
11-28-2005, 08:30 PM
so i would buy a kit made specifically for my car or what? when was the last time these were used?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 08:35 PM
no, it's a generic kit....easy to spot...if you look at the back of your head unit...theres two jacks one read and one white...you run a a wire with these two hookups from those jacks to the red and white ones on the amp....that provides the signal for the sound.....then you run a wire from the remote wire in your head unit (usually blue) to the spot on the amp for that...this turns the amp on when the head unit is on and turns it off when it's off so you dont have to do it manually....then you run a ground wire from the hookup on the amp to a metal surface of the car...then a power wire from a power source under the hood directly into the amp.....then speaker wire is run from the amp to the subs.....the last time they were used was about a year ago...they've just been sitting since then...

m250r
11-28-2005, 08:44 PM
its in been a year since they ran last..what will you do if i get them and they dont work?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
have you check to make sure all the connections are right and whatnot...then if they dont work ill give you you're money back and you can send the subs back....

m250r
11-28-2005, 08:53 PM
just so i have some idea of how deep im going to have to get into this..how did you go about running the wires from the front of the car to the back where the box/amp is?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 08:57 PM
it can be tricky....you just have to hide them under the plastic trim for the doors and stuff....you want everything out of site....if you dont know what to do....just have a friend help....most anybody that has subs can show u how to do it...

btw the subs you're lookin at on ebay will do for you but the power is low...they are like 250 max rated power and 700 watt max total..... mine are 350 rated and 1200 max a piece... just so you know if you don't want that much sound....they're very powerful for being single voice coil...

m250r
11-28-2005, 09:04 PM
will you do 200 shipped for them?

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 09:06 PM
nah cause they're heavy and i would lose a bunch of money....might as well let them decorate the basement for a couple more months...lol

and by the way....when were done talkin.....delete this thread cause im sure people are gettin tired of us talkin back and forth and wastin space;)

m250r
11-28-2005, 09:11 PM
ok..i will let you know i a little while if i am still interested

A A R O N
11-28-2005, 09:13 PM
alright lmk

babyboy
11-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by m250r
I currently own a Alpine headunit and Alpine rear speakers. For Christmas i plan to get:

-Front Alpine speakers
-An amp
-Possibly subs

One of my friends told me that you cant use an amp unless you have subs..is this true. Also, i am thinking about purchasing subs and a box off ebay.

Please check it out..item # 5835623582

How will i make sure that this will fit in my car and work with my system? Help me out here guys!

well your friend should fill a large container with douche and drown himself......

an amplifier can not only hook up to your speakers but as a matter of fact it is the best thing you can do for a stereo for sound quality because the power is much cleaner, even on factory speaker and head unit..