PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Black Plastic Clean????

supaflygti
11-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I got a problem guys. My month old black 450r looks like crap! It seems my motocross boots have worn the fricken color off the front of the back fenders (hazy white look). I really wish I would have got red now. What does everyone do to keep there plastic looking somewhat new?

11-28-2005, 07:44 PM
looks good on showroom floor dpesnt it? i hate black...good luck keeping it clean. it will be a PITA now. i would get some maier plastics if I were you

cletusEX
11-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I've been running the same black plastic since Feb. I use armour all after i wash it and it keeps it pretty shiny. It definitely shows more scratches than other colors but after a lap it usually looks like everyone else's quad, brown.

TURBO-530R
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Pledge works great in the brown can

supaflygti
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like i'll be checking out aftermarket plastic :mad: CletusEX - What part of maryland are you from and where do ride? I'm around the reisterstown area. Baltimore/Carroll county line.

cletusEX
11-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by supaflygti
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like i'll be checking out aftermarket plastic :mad: CletusEX - What part of maryland are you from and where do ride? I'm around the reisterstown area. Baltimore/Carroll county line.

I'm from the Germantown/Gaithersburg area. Don't really have any local places to ride. I race the GNCC's, D-7 HS, and some Koontz XC races. That usually keeps me pretty busy every weekend during the season. In between races I ride at Breezewood, Tomahawk, and Rausch Creek. I used to have a place in Frederick but am losing it due to development. Not a whole lot of areas (at least legal) around me. How bout you?

shamisc
11-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Dupont makes a Teflon spray protectant that works great. It's in a black spray bottle in the car cleaner isle at your local Wal-Mart or auto parts store. Pledge also works good.

450RgETiRdONE
11-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Even just plan old Caranuba wax works good. Or turtle wax has a black bottle that is for black paint. But will do the same darn thing. Works good and looks just good as new!

supaflygti
11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by cletusEX
I'm from the Germantown/Gaithersburg area. Don't really have any local places to ride. I race the GNCC's, D-7 HS, and some Koontz XC races. That usually keeps me pretty busy every weekend during the season. In between races I ride at Breezewood, Tomahawk, and Rausch Creek. I used to have a place in Frederick but am losing it due to development. Not a whole lot of areas (at least legal) around me. How bout you?

yeah i hear ya on the development issues. It drives my crazy everytime I see a new housing area being built. It seems Maryland has no regard for forest/farm land. :mad: I ride in the same (legal) areas as you although I do have a minimal amount of powerline areas to ride near my home but i'm sure they're not legal. My parents recently started building a retirement home about 20 min. outside of Deep Creek Lake that backs up to a 7000 acre national forest that is perfectly legal to ride in. Looks like garrett county is one of the only areas left for woods riding in maryland???

4ABURN
11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
By far the best I have used is a product called " Back to Black" it wipes on with a rag or sponge is best. does not atract dirt and is not slipery. I use it on any thing black(truck trim,bike,quad,snowmobile) looks great. Just keep your eyes open. :eek2: :eek2: :D

4ABURN
11-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Its a mothers product!!!!:)