PDA

View Full Version : smaller tires and rims...

Tommy 17
09-25-2001, 05:54 PM
i ordered a set of turf tamer tires and douglas .190 rims for my quad size 18x11x8 and i got them and the rim wouldn't go onto my quad they sent me the wrong bolt pattern then i noticed that alot of people run a ring on there rims how much more does this cost how much better is it and what kinda rims do i have to order i mean the specific thing so i don't have to redo my order a 3rd time. should i buy douglas or itp too i had douglas but i dunno who makes the ring ones better. any help would be appreciated.

mikeboone
09-25-2001, 07:46 PM
Dont know; but you need wheels that are 4/144 for front---4/110 for rear

09-25-2001, 09:16 PM
sounds like you need to talk to rico

09-26-2001, 08:14 AM
I run douglas rims w/rings which is not the same as beadlocks. Difference is 40 bucks per rim. Rear 8X8 rims w/rings will cost ya about 100 bucks a piece,,magic racing price. Rings on rims will prevent the rim from bending when coming off of jumps or hitting rocks,,,which will cause the bead to break and then you got yourself a flat tire. Beadlocks which also come with rings,,main purpose is to keep the tire on the rim if it does happen to bust the bead. If your not a big guy regular rims would work OK for ya,,,but having them rings is a good insurance policy while on the trail or track.

09-27-2001, 06:42 PM
i ahve douglas bead locks..i also like the wheels with just the rings but i got the extra insurance of the beadlock just incase...i personally like the douglas better just because i have a set of itp wheels and the don't clean up as well and seemsed to bed easier...but that might just be me too..hope this helps ya out later

Tommy 17
09-27-2001, 06:55 PM
I am gonna order those race rims when i get my 416 here next month, 51 y don't u have a engine.