PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

mike250r
11-28-2005, 04:06 PM
ok, i have to splice together the 4 wires from the stator together, i have a red wire, a yellow wire, and 2 white wires, i have no idea in which order to splice the 2 white wires back together, would it hurt anything electrical if i just did trial and error, and tried both ways?????

sorry guys i know this is a ridiculous question, but any help would be greatly appreciated,

jshtex
11-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Ok looking at page 8-9 of the manual. The White and Red wire are one pair and the yellow with the stripe and the white with a stripe are the other pair.

The White and Red pair go to the CDI and the other pair go to regulator / rectifier.

The connectors were color coded one is white and the other one black did you remove the connectors?

When you say splice them together you are not planning on actually connecting them to each other are you? Cause that wouldn't work.

Hope that helps.

mike250r
11-29-2005, 04:56 PM
well acutally im splicing together the wires,, (they were cut to remove the stator, instead of un hooking the harnesses), i was just wondering if it mattered if you got the 2 white wires hooked up in the wrong order,,, AS in the Red and white, and the yellow and white,,, my two white wires are non color coded,they are just white,,,,no stripes on either one,

jshtex
11-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Well to test the startor you ohm across the two pairs. I am not certain but if you have access to a meter you probably could check the resistance across them. My guess would be that when you had them correct you would see some continuity and when they were wrong it would be an open circuit. But I don't know that for sure.

As for wether it would be bad to hook them up wrong to test it, who knows.....