View Full Version : MX Tips.

JRP
11-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Now i know this isnt the racing section but i was jus seeing what everyone does for mx.. like how they do certain things, and all there tips.. I know some people have secret stuff:devil: but jus post all the tips.. some of mine are..

1. Go WFO to the turn then hit ur back breaks(dont use front) half way through the turn and get back on the gas hard after 1/2 way.

2. Try to stay low on the bike through the air, and always lean around turns all the way through..

Thanks, Jordan Pepper #107

genxracer
11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
practice opening your wallet, :D stuff breaks

11-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Jordan Pepper #107

haha off topic but you should become a doctor:p

yellow400ex05
11-28-2005, 04:15 PM
LMGDMFAO!!!!!!!:blah:

good eye!

lol man that gave me a laugh!

quadmaster88
11-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04

DONT DO THAT AGAIN! that took me like a whole 2 minutes to figure out what that was......

but uhmmm front brakes help they slow you down quicker so you can go get to the turn faster...

JRP
11-28-2005, 04:37 PM
hahaha u dont realize how many times i hear that joke.. lol.. also hey pepper wheres the salt. but that was off topic.. lol.. so any one else have tips.. ive always been told to use my back breaks not fronts.. it seems i go faster around the turns.

Mxjunkie
11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I like useing the front and back, front/back in the start of the turn do get the backend sideways then power around the corner...

Also learning how to do block passes is a biggie

MotoX3
11-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Get the wholeshot, dont wreck, ride faster than everyone else, dont make mistakes and I guarantee you'll win.:)

Bush0102
11-28-2005, 05:08 PM
i noticed at the Loretta Lynn's pro race that they were all hard on the rear brakes through the turns- every rider seemed to lock them up halfway into the turns...

also, i've always heard to relax your grip a little bit in the air to give your arms and hand a slight break, it might make you last that much longer without getting arm pump

JRP
11-28-2005, 06:16 PM
ya thats what i do Busch0102. I relax alot while im in the air.

LsMxRaCeR
11-28-2005, 06:38 PM
PRACTICE, PRACTICE,and ummm more PRACTICE:D

11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
I thought back brakes in berms was bad n slows u down

Ive heard to use ur front just enough to keep u from flying over the berm n buzz through it

JRP uve told me the Dr. Pepper joke before.. i dont get it lol

JR3
11-28-2005, 07:27 PM
it depends on the turn but fronts can help ur back end kick out a lil bit

a big one is if u dont alreayd start drinking water 2 days before practice or a race its important to keep urself hydrated

lonestar13r
11-28-2005, 07:59 PM
PRACTICE, PRACTICE,and ummm more PRACTICE

MHMMM!!!!^^^ nothing is more effective*

i use my front brakes in certian turns,,,,it takes weight off the *** and kicking your *** out is cake. seams alot faster then locking up the rear, but some times locking up the rear is what is up ,,, all depends on the track*.... just riiiiiiidddde and learn what works good and where. -Ethan

yamablaster24
11-28-2005, 08:10 PM
basically if there is a berm im hard on the fronts then powerslide through it if it isnt bermed use the back brake while still slamming on the front. Those who brake the fastest are just that, the fastest

Jump low and fast, Do this by starting the jump standing up and midway push your but onto the seat

Holeshots start in second, start out about 3 or 4 feet from the gate and start rolling towards the gate when the board is flipped sideways, get your nuts on the tank and stare the **** out of that gate and when you see any sign of movement you better dump the clutch. Notice that this is gonna not let the wheels spin as much as if you were from a stand still so its gonna hook up more. This could mean wheelies if you dont have body correct or bogging if your motor cant pull it. I use this and usually get out in front against 450's on my 400.
Dont white knuckle the bars. Only hold on as tight as you need to. This will drastically reduce arm pump. Also to keep speed up hold your throttle until the lip of the jump. Now if you are barely able to clear the jump hold on and if you are overshooting let off. If you hold on move your body up front and this will level it out. The best way to clear a big jump is to hold the throttle down pinned until your in the air then throw your head over the bars and if you got the skill hit the back brake.

Just practice mostly.

Davids440ex
11-29-2005, 06:46 AM
ride with people better then you

ride in a differnet practice, then watch the one you were suposed to be in, watch how the people in your class attach the track find there weak points and strong points

in motocross you have to think a win you cant go out there and be like well i'm not going to get first, always race to get first in your head, because once it is in your head you know what you have to do on the track,

never give up!

jwick07
11-29-2005, 06:59 AM
Always check tire air pressure before you go back out on to the track from practice to the moto's just being slightly off can make a big difference in the way your quad handles.

When going through corners look through the corner not down at where your wheels are tracking. On sharp turns upon entering I have already found where I want to break then I look ahead and down the straight or into the next turn and hammer the gas. Your quad will go where ever your looking so look ahead.

11-29-2005, 07:19 AM
some guy gave me the tip to tip my levers doun.. I thot it was bs.

but he said that in mx unless cornering or trying to gain traction NEVER sit doun. with the levers turned doun more they are perfectly lined up to grab while you are standing. this way you dont have to tilt your hand back to grab the clutch while standing. it actually made ahuge diffrence! altho I get many funny looks at the race track because my levers are so far doun.

11-29-2005, 07:25 AM
someone mentioned also not holding on as tight as you can all the time.. well gloves also makes a huge diffrence in this area. Good gloves makes a world of a diffrence.

I also race go karts. I hold on way to tight,, lol. I was season champ for this race season. one of the times I was fighting for the lead, my hands went knumb for the rest of the race, it was a good 10 laps to go with knumb hands. lol.

JRP
11-29-2005, 01:08 PM
these are all good tips.. keep them comming.

JRP
11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
bump

Honda TRX250ex
11-29-2005, 06:48 PM

good eye!

lol man that gave me a laugh!
whats "lmgdmfao" mean :blah: :eek2:

yellow400ex05
11-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Srry for the off topic post but he asked.

Laugh my god Darn mother efffin *** off

i edited to make it less profane bc this is a family oriented site.

Honda TRX250ex
11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Srry for the off topic post but he asked.

Laugh my god Darn mother efffin *** off

i edited to make it less profane bc this is a family oriented site.
oh so its laughing my ******* mother ****ing *** off
i got ya:p