PDA

View Full Version : Chest Protectors Help

BansheeKilla666
06-24-2002, 10:30 PM
I Just Got My 2002 300ex 2 Days Ago Along With My Brothers 400ex And My Little Sisters 90 Me My Brother And My Friend On His Blaster Were Out Riding And Climbing Ash Dump Hills Well I Was Hitting Them 3rd Gear And Jumping At The Top Mabye 5 Feet Of Air I Jumped Once Landed Good Second Time I Landed On My Front Right Tire And Smashed My Chest Off My Handle Bars I Couldn't Breath And I Spit Up Some Blood But I Was Ok And I Kept On Riding The Thing Is My Friend Riding His Blaster Just Bought A Chest Protector That Day I Wish I Would Have My Chest Is Hurting Bad!
L8r, Jake:(

:huh :eek:

Tommy 17
06-25-2002, 09:38 AM
i have a fox roost 2/honda chest protector... its from 1997 or so but they still make them... its held up to well over 200 crashes mayb more on my bike... and its helped me every time... it never gets in my way or anything....

i cut off the arm guards on mine though... they dont protect u at all and just get in the way...

i think its 149$

where do u live in pa... i am in northern cambria right above johnstown...

Ex'r Marlin
06-25-2002, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I have had a few crashes where the chest protector saved me, but the most recent crash I had, the chest protector saved me "BIG TIME". I was going an estimated 20/30mph and went off the side of a cliff some 80 to 100 feet down. :( Fortunately I had a chest protector on. I ended up with a partially collapsed left lung, broken knee cap. I wonder what would have happened if I did not wear my chest protector..... Actually, I don't want to think about that at all!!!:eek: Let's just say, I am extremely lucky to be alive..... I will always ride with my safety gear!!!!

Note: I wished I had invested in some knee guards!!!:blah

BansheeKilla666
06-26-2002, 12:23 AM
I Live In Brownsville I Dunno If You Know Where That Is Or Not But Pa Is Almost The Only State With Ash Dumps There Great Have You Ever Been To The Isabell Ash Dumps? Theres A Hill Called The Wall Its Name Tells All Its Mabye 200 Feet Or More Scary Stuff.....If Your Ever Out This Way Give Me A Buzz So I Can Meet Up With You Somewhere..L8r Man:devil

Tommy 17
06-26-2002, 10:27 AM
i raced in brownsville b4...

i have fox knee guards and they are so comfortable with boots and riding socks i can't even tell they are there... they saved my knees b4... when i shattered my leg it would have blew my knee apart 1st but bc i had them on and fox forma boots it couldn't bend my knee and it shattered my femur instead... the femur was a longer time to heal but i didn't have to worry about my knee workin right for the rest of my life... i am glad i had them on!

Live2Ride300
06-26-2002, 07:37 PM
that must have been so much pain 400ex21 when that happened, that must have sucked so bad, sorry to hear about it, are u all healed now?

250rmike
07-10-2002, 08:06 PM
i have a thor scattershield. its a really good one but the only problem is its one size fits all. i would say go with it though i havent had any problems with it. i havent cracked it or ne thing yet. i have cased a few jumps and it seems to protect me really well. i really like when im riding behind someone and they shoot rocks at me and u can here the rocks clinking and smacking into, at that point i am thinking of how glad i am to have it. almost forgot i got mine for like 49-69 bucks brand new i cant remember exactly. but i got it dealer cost. im gonna shut up now cause i am rambling

gncc025
08-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Yeah I definetly need a chest protector too.I have done about the same thing you described in your post and it hurt.I would recommend a MOOSE chest protector.