PDA

View Full Version : Camelbacks

400exrules
11-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Where did yall get yours? how do you like them? i want to get a relatively small one with a few pockets to carry a phone and such.

WhiteZee
11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
any sporting goods store. make sure you get one that has a strap that comes around your chest/belly so its not bouncing around when your riding.

161xchonda
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
any sporting goods store. make sure you get one that has a strap that comes around your chest/belly so its not bouncing around when your riding.
ya the straps help a lot. camelbacks arew good for the long riding trips when you can not stop. i wear one sometimes.

400exrules
11-28-2005, 03:02 PM
i need one that will be fairly light, and wont move around alot on me when runnin through techinical trails and down and up ditches and obstacles.

do they all have that chest strap?

YFZ450Ridr
11-28-2005, 05:07 PM
i got mine at a sports authority. its the camel back classic one. its very light and comfy. has one pocket about the size of a coaster twards the top of the pouch. holds like 2 liters of water or what ever the standard is for these things. i run alot of tight trails like you with alot of body movement and it doesnt bother me a bit.

dopeyferree
11-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Make sure you get a good one, Camel Back makes good quality item. I have got 2 of them one is some no name I got from bass pro shops and the other is a Camel Back. I use mine for Cross Country racing and they are fine. If you get a cheap one they may leak. After about 2 months the cheap one I got started to leak from the mouth piece, After about 30 minutes of riding I would be soaking wet with nothing to drink. The Camel Backs also come with a shutoff valve at the mouth piece.

luvmyex
11-28-2005, 06:58 PM
camelbak are by far the best.Even though they are treehuggers:mad: But they have the best mouthpeice ive seen. I even carry a set of sockets and wrenches along with alot of other stuff i may need.With all my crap it weighs from 6-10 lbs full im guessing. (100oz) i ride hard and in tight trails and have no trouble with it moving around. I would rather ride barefoot than not have my camelbak.

CannondaleRider
11-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I have the Camelback Mule 100oz...Its a great pack, lots of water, doesn't move(unless you drink all the water..then it gets a little lose), and has quite a bit of room for tools and such.

Only problem, Camelback is against Off-Road stuff, and they try to get things done to stop it. So when you buy a Camelback...you support their opinion.

I didn't know this until about 2 weeks after I bought mine:mad:

400exrules
11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
well their idiots because their providing offroaders with a good product to keep us riding longer.

How good does that bite valve work? If you dont have one will the water splash out?
Do you guys recommend one with lots of pockets, or with few pockets? Ill probably only have a phone in one of the pockets when im racing harescrambles but when i go trail ridin on my own time i might want to carry a camera or a few tools.

WhiteZee
11-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
well their idiots because their providing offroaders with a good product to keep us riding longer.

haha.

sounds like you need to get one with enuff pockets to carry your phone, camera and tools.

Sjorge450R
11-28-2005, 07:47 PM
i have this one

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1867407&cp=&pg=6&f=Brand%2F14989%2F&parentPage=search&searchId=5428555079

the only problem i have is that the mouthpeice split but that is because I like to chew it when I am riding. I would highly reccomend one, they help keep fatague down when racing.

baker250r
11-28-2005, 10:03 PM
i got a platypuss for backpacking... the bite of valve works good. i might try to use this next summer for MX... see wut happens.

86350x
11-29-2005, 07:48 AM
I have the "hog" model comming from rmatv with a bunch of other stuff. I'm going to put it through its paces snowmobiling for starters. I've heard alot of good things about em, so I wanted to check it out.