PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid cooling and lighting...

Justin St.Jeor
11-28-2005, 01:39 PM
I have been interested in buying a hybrid for a while now but I was concerned about a couple of things...First is I hear that they tend to run hot....Is that because of the lack of a fan? Theother thing is lights, is there a way to wire them up. I figured that they must lack the stator and lighting coil and that is why.

So I guess my real question is, is it possible to add those things to a hybrid or is it not possible or worth it???

Thanks

hontrx265r
11-29-2005, 06:32 AM
I run a janseen/afco double pass radiator and have zero cooling problems with my yz hybrid, you could add a light or fan if you wanted. you just need to find a hot wire and tie it in to the system, or buy a harness from an enduro if your not comfortable with the electrical stuff.

Justin St.Jeor
11-29-2005, 07:56 AM
The electrical doesnt scare me at all. I am just a little unsure of what kind of options or limitations there are on those hybrids.

hontrx265r
11-29-2005, 10:21 AM
there is really no limitations, its all about how creative you want to be, but if you want an absolutely awesome hybrid you should check out renagades that he just put up forsale the orange laeger yz hybrid. That is a hell of a bike. The geometry of that chassis is hands down the best, and 5000.00 is a steal unbelievable. If I had the money I would buy that right now.

Justin St.Jeor
11-29-2005, 02:26 PM
I need to sell my dirtbike before I can get reallly serious first. So all I would really need to do is add a battery and then wire the lights and the fan up?

hontrx265r
11-29-2005, 02:51 PM
You don't even need to add a battery you just need to find a hot wire that runs from the stator, just like when a 250r has a light, The light is only on when the bike is on.

Justin St.Jeor
11-30-2005, 06:14 AM
I understand that but I was thinking if I wanted to run both a fan and a light I might need a little more juice. Also it would be nice to be able to run the fan with the bike off. The fan isnt really an issue if the engine doesnt run hot though. Do you ride yours recreationally or just on the track. This will be rec. riding for me and a fair amount of time in the dunes??? Thanks, I appreciatte your help. I am surprised nobody else has replied.

hontrx265r
11-30-2005, 07:59 AM
I ride the tracks but my bike is 80% rec use. I spend alot of time in the dunes on 80+degree days. And I ride trails in northern michigan alot. sometime we will be running 60mph for a couple miles at a time and I just keep my bike adj. and the oil changed. I've had no problems with it getting hot. You just need a good radiator and I think there are alot of them out. Also boyseen just came out with a high flow water pump for the yz engine if you were thinking of using a yz.

Justin St.Jeor
11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Thats good to know...About the hottest I evre ride is about 90 degree's and at that temp you have to stop once in awhile anyway so I should be alright. Thanks I really appreciate your help.

bradley300
12-03-2005, 04:09 PM
ricky stator or trail tech should be able to help you with lights, both are in the links section here

kustomfab2003
12-22-2005, 10:42 PM
All you have to do is get a Electrex stator. It is designed for 75w of additional power. I just got one for mine, when done I'll post on how well it works.