PDA

View Full Version : 440ex .vs. near stock banshee

416exfreak
11-27-2005, 07:48 PM
which would win an 8th mile dragrace on sand, a highly modified 440ex or a banshee with toomey t6's and a k&n with razrs
both riders r highly skilled(thats me and R.J) just uh...let me know

2muchquad
11-27-2005, 09:12 PM
the banshee,hands down:)

416exfreak
11-28-2005, 08:47 AM
dude WTF is wrong with u, the 440 is running low 7's in the eight mile and the banshee is running high 8's
:grr:

2004exrider
11-28-2005, 08:52 AM
:confused: what was the point of posting this then if you already new the answer?

Jimmy

deejayeb
11-28-2005, 04:21 PM
The 440 - wouldnt even be close
assuming the right pipe and intake and race fuel and other random things. But ya the 440

stc416rider
11-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
:confused: what was the point of posting this then if you already new the answer?

Jimmy

yeah what he said

416exfreak
11-28-2005, 06:03 PM
i dont know, i just wanted to see wat u guys would say:p

stc416rider
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
yeah i think the banshee would take it anyway

fasterthanyouex
11-30-2005, 06:15 PM
awesome

Plante400
11-30-2005, 09:28 PM
toomy bansh is pretty quick

bwamos
12-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Take the Razr's off the Banshee an put on some Skat Traks (sand), and the tide would turn. The banshee just isn't getting traction.

It would still be close until you removed the carb throttle limiters, and put in aftermarket reeds.

Chino886
12-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Take the Razr's off the Banshee an put on some Skat Traks (sand), and the tide would turn. The banshee just isn't getting traction.

It would still be close until you removed the carb throttle limiters, and put in aftermarket reeds.

Hey BWAMOS,

do you want to help me set up a carb on my bike??? I am local to you.....

2muchquad
12-01-2005, 10:21 AM
a built 440 would barely keep pace with a 250r with just a pipe,let alone a banshee with toomeys:D

bwamos
12-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
Hey BWAMOS,

do you want to help me set up a carb on my bike??? I am local to you.....

I am terrible with carbs.. lol. That's one of my main pitfalls. It took me quite a while to get my carb running right. I ended up cheating and bought an air/fuel monitor. ;)

What's your setup. I bet we could find you a good starting point. I'v noticed around here most carbs need to run a size or 2 leaner than what the reccomendations are. Probably due to the high humidity in the summers.

Don't you hate how far we have to drive to get to a legal riding area?

Chino886
12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
I am terrible with carbs.. lol. That's one of my main pitfalls. It took me quite a while to get my carb running right. I ended up cheating and bought an air/fuel monitor. ;)

What's your setup. I bet we could find you a good starting point. I'v noticed around here most carbs need to run a size or 2 leaner than what the reccomendations are. Probably due to the high humidity in the summers.

Don't you hate how far we have to drive to get to a legal riding area?

yes, I do, that is probably why I have never gotten into riding til now. I have a 400EX with a stock bore JE 10.5:1, Stage II cam, sparks key, sparks CDI, x-6 full system. I bought a 42mm Mikuni BSR (same size as stock 450R carb) and was going to attempt to set it up.....

Do you have a bung welded into you header, or do you have one that you set in the can? How much would you charge me to use it...

I guess we kind of just took over this thread, probably a good thing, more information that a "which is better"

bwamos
12-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I welded a bung into the header. The oxygen sensor is removable and you put in a plug (w/ high temp anti sieze compound) when you dont need a reading.

You can actually buy a fairly decent one at AutoZone for not too much money. Car/Motorcycle/Quad.. they all do the same thing.

I've been tempted to find a place that Dyno's in KC (no idea where) and get it tuned perfect, honestly probably the best way to go, IMHO.

I've had it dyno'd on the one at Wynoka (Little Sahara), but I didn't test the a/f ratio there (should have). I'll probably do that next time I go down, actually.

I'd bet money that AutoZone/O'Reilys will rent you an A/F monitor, come to think of it. They rent just about everything out. They put it on your card, then refund it minus like a $5 charge when you bring it back. You'd jsut need to buy a bung to add to your header.

Chino886
12-01-2005, 02:25 PM
I welded a bung into the header. The oxygen sensor is removable and you put in a plug (w/ high temp anti sieze compound) when you dont need a reading.

You can actually buy a fairly decent one at AutoZone for not too much money. Car/Motorcycle/Quad.. they all do the same thing.

I've been tempted to find a place that Dyno's in KC (no idea where) and get it tuned perfect, honestly probably the best way to go, IMHO.

I've had it dyno'd on the one at Wynoka (Little Sahara), but I didn't test the a/f ratio there (should have). I'll probably do that next time I go down, actually.

I'd bet money that AutoZone/O'Reilys will rent you an A/F monitor, come to think of it. They rent just about everything out. They put it on your card, then refund it minus like a $5 charge when you bring it back. You'd jsut need to buy a bung to add to your header.

I'll check into it, you racing this weekend at Hwy 65....

bwamos
12-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
I'll check into it, you racing this weekend at Hwy 65....

No, my quad is in pieces for a little freshening up, lol. Repacking exhaust, bushings, etc...

Didn't race any this year. Took a break. Will probably race MHSC again next summer.

Chino886
12-01-2005, 02:41 PM
No, my quad is in pieces for a little freshening up, lol. Repacking exhaust, bushings, etc...

Didn't race any this year. Took a break. Will probably race MHSC again next summer.

I could not decide whether to ride MHSC or MX, I think I am going with MX since the track is closer. You could probably drag me to a XC race with you once if you want to see a total disaster...

bwamos
12-01-2005, 02:48 PM
I LOVE MX.. but I have a 300ex.. hehe. Once I upgrade to a 450 I'll probably get into MX more (assuming I can grow some nuts, lol). The 330 can take the jumps no problem.. but it's hard to get enough speed out of a tight corner coming into a rythm section. That and it's a woods quad w/ stock width & swinger.. lol.

MHSC can get expensive.. lol. Some of the areas are very rough on your quad.. lol.

Chino886
12-01-2005, 02:51 PM
I LOVE MX.. but I have a 300ex.. hehe. Once I upgrade to a 450 I'll probably get into MX more (assuming I can grow some nuts, lol). The 330 can take the jumps no problem.. but it's hard to get enough speed out of a tight corner coming into a rythm section. That and it's a woods quad w/ stock width & swinger.. lol.

MHSC can get expensive.. lol. Some of the areas are very rough on your quad.. lol.

I know, that is why I decided to do MX....

How long you been riding?

bwamos
12-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Bought my quad in the fall of 1997. I'd count that as my starting point. Rode 3-wheelers a few times as a kid.. but that doesn't really count.

Yep, still beating the hell out of my first Honda.. lol.

I'd love to see some TT racing in Missouri. I would be all over that.