PDA

View Full Version : 06 450er start question

trx400exxracer
11-27-2005, 07:43 PM
when you start your e-start 450er does it let you touch the gas when doing it on my brothers quad it will not start you have to let off the gas and then it will start

this could be bad on gncc starts if you know how to disconnect it tell me

Tripyn
12-03-2005, 05:57 AM
TRX400: I know I found this in another forum and If I can find it I will post it. Said something like trace the two wires coming out of the TPS back to the carb, soder them together and this will by pass it. Start problem gone.

Here it is:

On the 06, follow the harness coming out of the thumb throttle down and unplug it. On the right top side of the carb where the cable goes in the black cover, there is 2 small black wires (above the cable at the very top) cut these 2 wires and and solder or splice them together (you are bypassing the micro switch inside) This is how to put on a twist throttle, and it starts fine. The switch in the thumb throttle and the 2 switches on the cable are there so if the throttle gets hung open and your off the thumb it's suppose to kill the engine. As far as not starting with throttle, that I believe is a circuit in the TPS and ignition, either killing the spark or changing timing so it won't crank (remember the 04-05 with broken side case from kicking back with throttle?) although I have not had time to pinpoint. It's also a good idea to recheck the decopressor clearance after some hours, the little starter motor isn't as strong as your leg so it needs all the help it can get.

remmyTRX
12-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey Tripyn,

Have you done this mod? Think I might give it a try.

QuadRacer041
12-03-2005, 02:32 PM
i have done this mod a few weeks ago to install a twist and it DOES work

Dave400ex
12-04-2005, 10:48 AM
QuadRacer041 what does it do completely? Just allow it to start with gas? Can it be done with keeping the stock thumb throttle?

quadracer12
12-04-2005, 11:40 AM
from the way i understand the TPS retards the timing.

QuadRacer041
12-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
QuadRacer041 what does it do completely? Just allow it to start with gas? Can it be done with keeping the stock thumb throttle?

yes it can also be done while still using the thumb. and...yes it will allow you to give it a little throttle while cranking it over.

quad2xtreme
12-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
yes it can also be done while still using the thumb. and...yes it will allow you to give it a little throttle while cranking it over.

I thought even stock you could give it a little throttle. Will it turn over if you give it full throttle? If not, then it sounds like there is another throttle position sensor along the way.

/Jon

trx400exxracer
12-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I thought even stock you could give it a little throttle. Will it turn over if you give it full throttle? If not, then it sounds like there is another throttle position sensor along the way.

/Jon

It will not let you give any throttle at all warm or cold or in any gear

it won't let you give any gas period...

quad2xtreme
12-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
It will not let you give any throttle at all warm or cold or in any gear

it won't let you give any gas period...

Will it let you give full throttle after performing the mod listed earlier?

/Jon