PDA

View Full Version : Quck snow riding question!

yellow400ex05
11-27-2005, 03:36 PM
is it legal to ride on the roads when theres a snowstorm in NJ and its a state of emergency like it is in PA?

ny300exrider
11-27-2005, 04:00 PM
im not sure if it is,probly not, but honestly, if your roads are covered in snow and noone is out driving, MOST cops wont really try to go and chase you if they see you riding cautiously. if your out being a madman and making it unsafe for others then you might have a little chase on your hands, but even in that situation a quad has much more of an advantage than the cop. when im out riding the roads(every snow storm) if i come across a cop i usually just shoot him a wave and continue riding. if for some reason he tries to come after me thinking im going to stop for him in the middle of a blizzard, thats his own fault for wasting time.

i30nes
11-27-2005, 04:05 PM
All depends on the local laws for state of emergency.
Well in the situation we had down here in Florida. When Charlie blew through my town we were under a state of emergency. And I had no problems runnin around the town on the atv... Actually ended up showin some people to the shelters that were setup :) But the cops didnt mind to much as long as you werent bein an idiot.