PDA

View Full Version : lightest tire for 400ex

eldoexrider01
06-24-2002, 08:50 PM
i have a 400 ex and i need to know what the lightest tire is (20x10or 11x 9) for my bike except for the stock ones because i need more tread life than that. any opinions will greatly be appreciated

TravEX
06-24-2002, 09:05 PM
this may not answer your Q, but in your sig you say you've got a pair of 22" XCT's,,,those may be your best bet, they are 6 ply and a 22" tire doesn't make as many revolutions as a 20" tire, so they would last longer,,,later

Ex'r Marlin
06-24-2002, 09:19 PM
Wow, that is a tough question. I agree that the stock tires are light, and I can understand your goal, but I would think the stocker would last close to anything out there with the same weight. I think the ITP XCR's are relitively light, but I am not sure of the tread life. They do have larger lugs than the XC's, but I think they maybe a softer durometer than the XC's. But anyway, I sure like the stock tires, except they are not as puncture resistant as I would like them to be. Obviously, the more puncture resistant the tire, the heavier it will be.

Good luck.

06-25-2002, 08:10 AM
light tires but good tread and strong is not an option,,no such thing. Either you get light tires that are 2 ply,,or ya get strong 6 ply tires that will last a long time. Sounds like you need to invent a new tire,,cuz that's the only way you'll find what your lookin for. ;)

eldoexrider01
06-25-2002, 11:34 AM
thanks guys i appreciate the info.i guess ur right rico, i need to invent a new tire. i have another question....(OH MY)...do any of yall have weights of your tires (mounted or unmounted)????? i weighted some razrs (20x11x9) at the shop i work at and they weighted 16 lbs un mounted. anyone else got some weight figures to go by me? id like to know how much XCR 20's weigh if anyone knows but any will work
preciate it!!!!!!!!!