PDA

View Full Version : Running hot?

blackisback06
11-27-2005, 02:23 PM
this is a question for you night riders out there. i just got my r not too long ago and last nite we were riding about 3 am and a friend of mine was like "look at your pipe" and i looked down and it was glowing red. is this bad? or do they all do this? i'm just curious if i should have it checked out or not i've rode alot of quads at nite and never saw one do this. much info is appreciated

Ralph.nl
11-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Thats no problem, as long as you dont touch it ;)

11-27-2005, 04:53 PM
The 450s have been doing that since 04 its no problem

blackisback06
11-27-2005, 05:22 PM
just checking thanks for the input guys. it kinda worried me a little bit i thought maybe it was burning too hot

Ralph.nl
11-28-2005, 01:06 AM
It supprised me too when I first saw it, called a friend of mine and he said it was ok.

ONEBAD400
11-28-2005, 08:26 PM
its normal cause my cousins r got so hot it melted his plastic next to were the pipe connects

blackisback06
11-29-2005, 10:38 AM
any idea on what i could to help it out a little bit to where it wont burn the plastic? lol i really hate to see that. another question why would honda put out such a atv that has such potential but so many minor problems from the factory. i mean this is the 3rd year of the 450r shouldnt the kinks be worked out by now? they still have the horrible sound and now im noticing the pipe looks like its rewelding itself underneath me and not to mention the spit and sputter from the factory when u punch on it.i dunno i still love it and not trying to diss honda in anyways but whats going through their heads?

Jersey450R
11-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by blackisback06
any idea on what i could to help it out a little bit to where it wont burn the plastic? lol i really hate to see that. another question why would honda put out such a atv that has such potential but so many minor problems from the factory. i mean this is the 3rd year of the 450r shouldnt the kinks be worked out by now? they still have the horrible sound and now im noticing the pipe looks like its rewelding itself underneath me and not to mention the spit and sputter from the factory when u punch on it.i dunno i still love it and not trying to diss honda in anyways but whats going through their heads?

just kill yourself dude...

blackisback06
11-29-2005, 04:35 PM
man how come on every forum theres always that one guy who offers no information but only smart alleck comments?if i wanted any lip out of you jersey guy i'd unzip my pants

lightning_2000
11-29-2005, 11:37 PM
these four wheelers from the factory are jetted a little lean,
thats why it glows, save up get the hrc kit, jet it right and be done with it

ThumPIN_450R
11-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Yamaha's and suz/kaw/cat quads also do it so do the dirt bikes and most cars with a set of headers there is just allot of hot gasses going through that pipe really fast hot gasses + allot of friction from rubbing pipe = a red hot pipe it's normall don't worry about.

blackisback06
11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
thanks for the help guys. im rather new to this scene so im figuring out alot of what you guys have known for years.