PDA

View Full Version : Have a question, could use some help...(seat cover)

RonJ
11-27-2005, 01:45 PM
I recently purchased an 05 400EX TRX. It didn't come with a manual, and I was wondering if anyone could explain how to remove the seat cover. When I lifted it partially I could see notches, but I couldn't get the seat to budge off of it. Is there an easy way to do it? Please explain in detail if possible. Thanks in advance.

theTman
11-27-2005, 01:46 PM
just the seat cover of the whole seat?

if the whole seat then by the grabbar is alittle lever, push up and it will pop off

if your trying to get the cover off, pull all of the little staples out

RonJ
11-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I'm just talking about the seat cover. Where the gas reserve and what not is located? I don't see the little staples you speak of, can you explain a little more thoroughly? Sorry about the confusion, thanks in advance once again.

400exMO
11-28-2005, 07:54 AM
if you want the seat cover off just take the seat and rear fender assembly off. Then take all the little staples that are under the set on the bottom of the fenders out. pull seat cover off.

11-28-2005, 08:40 AM
are you refering to the side panels? like the plastic that actually has the hole cut out for the fuel petcock(on/off/reserve/switch)?

400exc
11-28-2005, 02:56 PM
just take the seat off, turn it over on its back, find some staples, and pull them out and you should be good to go

Plante400
11-29-2005, 07:52 AM
hes taling about the notches that hook on the frame..

you want to look under the fenders on the very back where the grab bar is.
under there, there is a little lever that is kind of sideway. lift that up and the back fenders and seat come off together. they are one unit.