PDA

View Full Version : white bros pipe ?

Honda#4
11-27-2005, 12:28 PM
how many discs can u run with the air box lid off and still make it run right.

YFZ450Ridr
11-27-2005, 01:25 PM
it all depends on the jetting of your carb. i have 12 disks in my white bros with 4 big holes in my airbox lid and it runs fine.

Honda#4
11-27-2005, 05:35 PM
what about on a unjetted carb.i thought u dont have to jet for a white bros pipe i thought u just play with the dics.

emaxxjeremy
11-27-2005, 06:23 PM
kind of defeats the purpose of the money u spent on the pipe if you are going to choke it back down to stock flow. the original jetting is set for the restrictive exhaust, and probably on the conservative lean side at that.

Honda#4
11-27-2005, 08:01 PM
im not to cazy on jetting carbs how much does honda do it for,i guess it would be better off jetting it, i might as well buy a k&n for it to right.i dont know if i'll get a pipe or not i kind of want to get a a-arm kit maybe for christmas so we'll see what happens.

JOEX
11-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
im not to cazy on jetting carbs how much does honda do it for,i guess it would be better off jetting it, i might as well buy a k&n for it to right.i dont know if i'll get a pipe or not i kind of want to get a a-arm kit maybe for christmas so we'll see what happens.
Changing the main jet is very simple to do, at least on the 400ex it is. With a K&N and no lid a 152 or 155 should be about right.

I highly suggest the a-arms and shocks before the pipe:)

Honda#4
11-27-2005, 08:54 PM
i guess i will just worry about the a-arms first i can always buy a pipe later. the a-arms r gonna set me back $2,000 though but i have enough money though i have atleast $3,000 total divided up between my savings and checking account and i just got a credit card.

JOEX
11-27-2005, 09:36 PM
i guess i will just worry about the a-arms first i can always buy a pipe later. the a-arms r gonna set me back $2,000 though but i have enough money though i have atleast $3,000 total divided up between my savings and checking account and i just got a credit card.
$2k for arms? I know front ends can go for that and more but do you really need that much? Just curious;)

Chino
11-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
$2k for arms? I know front ends can go for that and more but do you really need that much? Just curious;)

for another 500 bucks you could have laeger's top of the line a arms that come with spindles! I agree with joe, you can get you a set of a arms under 1,000 easily. If your not racing constantly your just wasting money, unless money is not an option for ya!

Honda#4
11-28-2005, 09:44 AM
i kind of want a whole front suspension kit with everything,i dont really race or anything i just like tearing around and stuff like that know what i mean, money really doesnt matter but it's cheaper to go with a kit instead of buying the stuff seperate right. i want the best looking 400ex around my area, my buddy has a 04 400ex with just a pipe but sense he's in iraq he does'nt ride much any more but two weeks ago he stoped over and he was shocked that i bought new tires so thats about it sorry this is so long.

Chino
11-28-2005, 11:50 AM
i kind of want a whole front suspension kit with everything,i dont really race or anything i just like tearing around and stuff like that know what i mean, money really doesnt matter but it's cheaper to go with a kit instead of buying the stuff seperate right. i want the best looking 400ex around my area, my buddy has a 04 400ex with just a pipe but sense he's in iraq he does'nt ride much any more but two weeks ago he stoped over and he was shocked that i bought new tires so thats about it sorry this is so long.

looks don't matter man, and your talking all this kit mumbo jumbo. You order a-arms you get tie rods with them you can use the rest of your stock parts, you can get a set of regular travel elkas, axis, works, or call laz @ gt thunder and he can re-valve your stock shocks to work fine on the a-arms you choose. If I were you just the recretational trail rider, i'd look into a set of houser +1's.

Honda#4
11-28-2005, 01:21 PM
i want to get long travel a-arms with elka shocks.

bwamos
11-28-2005, 01:37 PM
i dont really race or anything i just like tearing around and stuff like that know what i mean, money really doesnt matter but it's cheaper to go with a kit instead of buying the stuff seperate right.

If you aren't going to race, there's really no need to spend the extra $700+ on a long-shock front end. Get a standard shock front end setup and use the extra $700 on a rear shock revalve/respring and a RPM axle. ;)

Also, on the pipe. You really do want to rejet. For an easy solution, if oyu dont mind spending an extra $30 is getting a DynoJet jet kit. It comes with full instructions and a walk through. A monkey could install it in 30min or less. It's a great option for those who dont want to "mess with" jetting.