PDA

View Full Version : What to do next???

06-24-2002, 08:23 PM
I have a 2001 400ex with full aftermarket exhaust and the K&N Power up kit ( Filter, outerwear, rejetted ) and was wondering what the next best mod would be to do to my atv engine? I was thinking a HI-Comp pistion and cam, but I am new to the sport and would like some advice.

Thanks Logsrus

Ex'r Marlin
06-24-2002, 08:44 PM
I guess it is up to you what you want your atv to do. You can even get a Turbo for these things now!:cool: The most common thing after the exhaust and air filter mods is going into the engine with a higher compression piston and an aftermarket cam. Some people do a big bore kit. But again, depending on what you want to do with your atv will help us tell you what we recommend.

rdmex
06-24-2002, 08:54 PM
take ur choke off, i definitly noticed better throttle response, and modify your airbox lid. those are minor things, if u want to sumthin noticable go with a 406 or 416 kit and aftermarket cam.

06-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Mainly I use it for trail riding and am starting to take it to the local MX tracks if that will help with any of your recomendations. Also how much of the engines reliability is taken away with say a 416 kit installed?

rdmex
06-25-2002, 08:34 PM
i just ordered my 416 kit because ive herd nutin but good about it