PDA

View Full Version : Help!

exx400
11-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Today i cleaned my calipers and the rotors. The oil level for the brake fluid was low so i filled it. Now the cylinder by the brake lever wont get any pressure and pump the oil? what should i do.

Thanks, Mitch

yamablaster24
11-27-2005, 10:47 AM
you have to bleed the brakes

There is an 8mm grease zerk looking bolt that threads into the caliper with a rubber cap over it. Pump the brakes 3 or 4 times and hold it, turn the bolt loose and air and fluid will come out.Then tighten the bolt while holding lever in still. You will then pump again and feel more and more resistanceon the lever until it is perfect. Repeat several times. and to other caliper ( front your are talkign about correct?)
Do it about 10 x and it should get more and more pressure as you tighten up bleeder then go to pump again

Blue600
11-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Bleed the brakes, you may have gotten some air in the lines.

exx400
11-27-2005, 11:11 AM
There is an 8mm grease zerk looking bolt that threads into the caliper with a rubber cap over it. Pump the brakes 3 or 4 times and hold it, turn the bolt loose and air and fluid will come out.Then tighten the bolt while holding lever in still. You will then pump again and feel more and more resistanceon the lever until it is perfect. Repeat several times. and to other caliper ( front your are talkign about correct?)
Do it about 10 x and it should get more and more pressure as you tighten up bleeder then go to pump again

---thats what we did but it wasnt building up pressure. the plunger for the cylinder wouldnt build up pressure maybe something wrong with plunger? i dunno. i go try this again an see what happens. also i took off the brake line that connects to the master cylinder (near the brake lever) and no oil came out from the cylinder?!