PDA

View Full Version : DROP IN CAM?? What else? 400ex

ATV_MAN
06-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Im looking into getting a drop in cam while my motor is out. Is this a good idea? How much difference in power would this make without changing anything else? (the bore... etc etc) I dont wanna go all out or anything, just a little help. I already have an alien full exhaust... lookin for a lil more power.... Any1 have any suggestions on what to do???? Or which cam to get???

sandspanker
06-25-2002, 10:00 PM
the best dropin cam would have to be the honda HRC cam order it through service honda cost is 277$ but it is worth it beleave me it is worth the money.it is a new cam and not a regrind I am deffinitly glad i went with it:p

twisted threads
06-26-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by sandspanker
the best dropin cam would have to be the honda HRC cam order it through service honda cost is 277$ but it is worth it beleave me it is worth the money.it is a new cam and not a regrind I am deffinitly glad i went with it:p

Sandspanker is about time you started to post something!!:D
ATV Man I will half to agree with sandspanker and say go with the HRC cam if you want a drop in cam. And I would get some head work done also. It made a big improvements on sandspankers Ex and mine.

rhandw69
06-26-2002, 09:51 AM
How different is the HRC cam from the XR cam?? I have the xr cam and to me it seems its alot of bottom to mid,,,but thats it. I feel it could use something that pulls harder to the top.

twisted threads
06-27-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by rhandw69
How different is the HRC cam from the XR cam?? I have the xr cam and to me it seems its alot of bottom to mid,,,but thats it. I feel it could use something that pulls harder to the top.

The HRC is a more of a mid and top end cam and I herd it is lots better than the xr cam because of the top end pull the HRC cam has.

Tommy 17
06-27-2002, 07:57 AM
i love my tc mx grind drop in cam... 205$ pluz ur old cam core...