PDA

View Full Version : raptor 700

adam700
11-27-2005, 06:53 AM
i was thinkin on buyin a raptor 700 and was not to sure about the fuel injection system, if theres and problems wiht it, and do you need to upgrade the system after mods like a pipe and air box mods and if necessary i havent heard of any upgrades for it, if anyone knows of anything about all of this help me out

oldsandman
11-29-2005, 10:00 AM
So far the efi has been great.
You don't have to add a controller if you add a pipe or mod the airbox but it would be HIGHLY recomended. It will run very lean without it in modded form. You really wouldn't get your $'s worth without a controller. Best idea without a box would be to leave it stock.
Dynojet, dobeck, trinity all make add on's to enable you to change your fuel managment for mods.

Racing Rice
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I've owned several fuel injected motorcycles, so I'm spoiled now. I hate messing with carbs. I can't speak specifically about how good the 700Rs FI works, but I've ridden their FI streetbikes. They have been doing FI on small cc engines for several years now, so I'm sure it is nothing really new to them.

Simple slip-ons are fine to do. You can usually get away with a full system as well. However, it will run MUCH better if you purchase a Power Commander (or something similar) for it. Even in stock form you can benefit from having a PC. Because of emissions they run them lean from the crate. A PC will improve throttle response and power delivery by fattening up the A/F mixture. To get the most out of it, you should really get it Dyno tuned. This is true with carb'ed bikes as well though.

Wandell
11-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I agree. The same is true with automobiles also.

sikraptor700
11-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
So far the efi has been great.
You don't have to add a controller if you add a pipe or mod the airbox but it would be HIGHLY recomended. It will run very lean without it in modded form. You really wouldn't get your $'s worth without a controller. Best idea without a box would be to leave it stock.
Dynojet, dobeck, trinity all make add on's to enable you to change your fuel managment for mods.

People need to stop giving bad info, with out a programmer the 700 will run like **** with any mods even just pulling the air box lid or sparky

oldsandman
12-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Sikraptor:
Would you point out the "bad info..." I posted?
Will it run without a controller...yes. Will it run well NO! That IS what I said! If you re-read my quote that you posted I said "...best idea without a box would be to leave it stock".

250r4life
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
hold on hold on... man, you cant compare quads to cars and street bikes... thata two totally different things... street bikes and cars aren't in the sand and dust and everything all the time, and they are just way different buddy... compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges...

04EX
12-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I rode my dads 700r and i was beating banshees and ds650's 660r you name it up oldsmobile at glamis.

raptordog
12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
I HEARD THAT IF YOU MAKE INTAKE AND EXHAUST MODS THAT THE FI MODULE WILL MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AUTOMATICALY??IS THIS TRUE. :confused: WHAT IF YOU RESET THE KEEP ALIVE MEMORY ON IT AFTER YOU MAKE THE MODS..I JUST BOUGHT AN 06 RAPTOR AND WOULD LIKE N-E INFO..NEVER REALLY GOT INTO ATV PERFORMACE BUT APRECIATE N-E HELP.:D

tater_kamik
12-10-2005, 01:37 PM
im afraid it will not be able to fully compensate for any mods you do, instead it needs new maps. basically, you have to get one of the fuel managers such as a dobeck to compensate for this. you will then be able to fully adjust your map and take full advantage of any mods you do to your 700.

LILERICS400EX
12-19-2005, 06:00 PM
hey SikRaptor700 how do you like your HMF full exhaust on your bike. Im 15 and im getting a Raptor 700 for christmas and looking at pipes to buy. thanks Eric

BlazinOrange700
01-02-2006, 07:38 PM
The EFI on the Raptor 700 can not compensate for performance mods like pipe, removing lid, air filter, etc.

However, it does compensate for alitude, weather, etc.

If you add any performance mods to it or take out the stock baffle and remove the lid, GET A POWER COMMANDER.

Don't let anybody else tell you other wise.

Unless you want your bike to run horrible and lean.

SandRaptorRandy
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by BlazinOrange700
The EFI on the Raptor 700 can not compensate for performance mods like pipe, removing lid, air filter, etc.

However, it does compensate for alitude, weather, etc.

If you add any performance mods to it or take out the stock baffle and remove the lid, GET A POWER COMMANDER.

Don't let anybody else tell you other wise.

Unless you want your bike to run horrible and lean.

I agree the PCIII USB is the way to go:cool: