PDA

View Full Version : 426 & more jetting

Don_Carnage
11-27-2005, 02:41 AM
I got my new pilot jet but i got a 40 & 45. The 45 is in now with no lid and only 1.5 turns out. It has a really hard time staying alive unless you stay on the throttle. once it warms up It will idle with the throttle stop turned way up but it drops and dies as soon as I slack off the screw. It will backfire when I'm trying to start it and my plug is totally black. I'm thinking the 45 is too much fuel. I've tried both the 38 @ 2-3.5 turns lid on and off, and now the 45 @ 1-2 turns lid on and off, and it still comes out rich. the needle clip is 1 up from the middle dropping my needle down one spot, but i noticed I don't have the washer between the needle and the bracket that holds your slide. Is it possible my needle is bouncing up and down and not getting the right fuel?
More things to try tomorrow.

hondarider2006
11-27-2005, 02:48 AM
I think the 45 is just to much man. I would try a 42. I know when I ordered pilot jets, I went with a 42 and a 45, and the 45 was WAY to much. I went like as little as 1 turn out...and still nothing. I threw in the 42, about 2.5 - 3 turns out and it idels perfect. Also are you running a jet kit, or are you using stock type mj?? I would try the 42 pilot, put your needle back in the middle...and as far as the washer...you should be ok without that. Try the 40 and see where it gets you.