PDA

View Full Version : Hrc Worth It?

450RgETiRdONE
11-26-2005, 11:34 PM
HRC kit, is it really worth it? Or should just go with hotcams? I dont need the airbox lid, or the jets, and i'm lookn at getting a new pipe, so i dont need that end cap. What you guys think?

USAF Dirtboy
11-27-2005, 10:44 AM
if i were you i would just get the hotcam and dont waste your money on the HRC kit.

Lonestar_R
11-27-2005, 10:48 AM
I was wondering the same thing....I have an 06 and was going to buy a Sparks or Rossier pipe....and buy a Web or a Hot Cam for it...so why should I buy the HRC kit when I won't use anything but the cam....and for 350 bucks for just a cam....I don't think thats worth it....when I can buy a cam from whomever for 175 bucks....What kind of price does Rossier get out of there cams...if anyone knows?

Moto92
11-27-2005, 11:54 AM
I went with stage 2 hotcam and rossier, couldnt be happier with results. rejet and hrc needle will finish it all off.
WPP racing can hook you up with to run this setup

450RgETiRdONE
11-27-2005, 11:56 AM
If, y'all could hook me up w/ some links as to where I could get the hotcams? That would be great?

Moto92
11-27-2005, 11:59 AM
http://wppracing.com

450RgETiRdONE
11-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks!

Whats dif between stages 1and 2?

miguellevesque
11-27-2005, 12:00 PM
try ebay?

Moto92
11-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 450RgETiRdONE
Thanks!

Whats dif between stages 1and 2?

1= bottom to mid
2= mid to top

stage 2 is the better of the the two

Lonestar_R
11-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Is it worth going with the stage 2 riding mostly trails.....Is the stage 2 closer to the HRC Cam......

450RgETiRdONE
11-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Thats what I was wondering? I ride mostly trails, and then hit hills at the dunes. Is the muffler tip end that you get w/the HRC kit worth putting on stock pipe, if i plan to just keep it? What about useing the air box lid that comes w/the HRC kit? I'm running with out one right now. Should i use that air box lid does it help with some sort of back pressure or what? Also are there different cams that you can get for the hrc kit? Stage one or two. Or is it just a generic cam? Thanks for the help!

eagertorace
11-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I was wondering the same thing....I have an 06 and was going to buy a Sparks or Rossier pipe....and buy a Web or a Hot Cam for it...so why should I buy the HRC kit when I won't use anything but the cam....and for 350 bucks for just a cam....I don't think thats worth it....when I can buy a cam from whomever for 175 bucks....What kind of price does Rossier get out of there cams...if anyone knows?

If you have an 06, then buy the hrc kit. That cam is bad a**.
Plus all the other goodies that compliment the kit. See if your dealer will sell it at dealer cost. It's worth the try, believe me you will love that cam!

450RgETiRdONE
11-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by eagertorace
If you have an 06, then buy the hrc kit. That cam is bad a**.
Plus all the other goodies that compliment the kit. See if your dealer will sell it at dealer cost. It's worth the try, believe me you will love that cam!

So if you have an '05 is it worth it also to get the kit? Or not so much!

Lonestar_R
11-27-2005, 06:07 PM
I know for a fact they won't sell it at dealer cost.....the headpipe will get thrown out and the jets aren't hard to get...all I want is the cam.....and I can't see spending the money for the stuff I will never use....if I can buy the cam with the same grind but a different brand and its cheaper....I'll just go that way....the HRC kit may make it run better...but I'm not gonna run an airbox lid and I'm gonna put my own full exhaust system on it...so the HRC kit is not worth the money....cause then I'll have 2 headpipes that I won't need.....

450RgETiRdONE
11-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Exactly, good choice, same here! :bandit:

KRMit
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
My '06 HRC kit is on the way. I've heard nothing but good things from the people that have it and I trust Honda's products more than anything else on the market. If I'm not happy with the sound then I may get a slip-on for the HRC header down the road.

wood1of3
11-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I have an 05 and just installed the crf cam. I LOVE IT. I just rode the last few days at the dunes and check this out. My prior set up was Mohawks front and Haulers 8 paddle rear, pro-design with k & n 180 main DJ. 13 tooth front sprocket and no lid LRD pro 4 series full exhaust. My buddy rides an 06 yfz with pretty much the same set up different parts, he would kill me in the flat drags.....3rd gear and he waved bye-bye. Racing on hills it was mostly about the start, thanks to the fact I weigh less then him.

This trip I added the cam and did not tell him. I pulled him on most hills or at least was not completely killed on bad starts etc. I'm not saying I beat him everytime on the hills but I was a lot more competitive. Now on the flats......3rd gear came then 4th no yfz passing me...OH YEAH. This happened on several attempts and I started ahead and stayed ahead. We got back to camp and he thought something was wrong with his bike. I told him I think I know whats wrong with it and showed him my receipt for the cam.

Lets just say it was fun while it lasted, I guarantee he will have a surprise for me on our next trip..

Sorry to excited got off track, I did not want the whole kit either. I just bought the crf cam, 289.00 installed. With 13t it pulls well in all gears especially 3rd and 4th now.

Lonestar_R
11-29-2005, 06:50 PM
HAHAHA....wonderful another smoked YFZ.....I rode with a guy with a cammed, piped, filtered, YFZ.....and I was on my 250R....he couldn't get away from me and he was not happy.....

Dave400ex
11-29-2005, 08:34 PM
From what I've read, the only things in the kit worth having are the Cam and Jet kit if you plan on getting an exhaust. Is that true?

450RgETiRdONE
11-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Hmmm, the crf cam is that the same thing that come in the kit for the HRC kit? Thats nice to hear good stuff about it! So if you install the hrc kit to do you have to replace rings, and piston and all that jazz after like 15hrs or what. Or has honda designed just a racing kit for the 450r? And made it so there will not be any problems down the road. So basically what im getting at is will there be stuff that you have to do down the road to keep the motor working correct. Or can you put it in and forget it! Just give your machine some fuel.

11-30-2005, 12:23 AM
maybe adjust and check valves more often with a aftermarket cam