PDA

View Full Version : blaster pipe choice

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 10:46 PM
ok please help me out on this one please dont just put a pipe down because u have it. I ride woods and i soon will be riding woods racing and i want to know what a good woods racing pipe would be for a yamaha blaster. I was thinking the FmF fatty pipe w/ power core 2 silencer kit. But i think i might just go with the trenga racing/lrd pipe and buy an airfilter and jets seperatley? Anyone know what is a good woods pipe that will give me a lot of bottom end and mid-range power???

iwreckedmyquad
11-27-2005, 06:45 AM
I have Trenga Racing®
it pull the front wheels off the ground in fouth gear and i ride woods too I say go with the trenga racing for the vitos fat ******* pipe!:devil:

nakomis0
11-27-2005, 09:13 AM
For woods I like the FMF SST, with a powercore 2.

My buddy gots that and its a nice setup. Its fast sounds good. And everytime we get stoped in the woods by DNR, they tell him good job or shake his hand... then they conitinue to lecture the rest of us for another 15 minutes on why our pipes are 2 loud. And tell me my E-series needs to run on 4 disks to pass. The best qwas when 1 guy told us to rev the engine to 7000rpm.... then he listened for a second and told use what Db, we where at.... good ears.

400exstud
11-27-2005, 04:53 PM
correct me if i am wrong but arn't db tests done at idle because i have a db tester and with the stocker on there it was like 110db reved out. And that is the stocker, so it must be at idle.

bradley300
11-27-2005, 05:12 PM
most of the time its dont at half throttle.
anyway, i like the LRD pipe the best. personaly I wouldnt give trenga any of my business, but there pipe is no better than the normal LRD, so if you can get it at a good price, it is a good pipe

416exfreak
11-27-2005, 07:23 PM
LRD!!!!!!!! It looks cool and performs even better, i raced a blaster that was stock exept for that pipe a k&n and jetting, he had me out of the hole but i caught him on top end and ate his lunch with my 426 ex

ex kid
11-28-2005, 09:35 AM
the Trenga/LRD makes great power and that's about it. the quality of the exhaust and the way it leaks arn't so good though.

bradley300
11-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
the Trenga/LRD makes great power and that's about it. the quality of the exhaust and the way it leaks arn't so good though.

i got the leak fixed, keep a new seal in it, and cake it with ultra copper high temp silicone. i silicone the ring's seat in the flange, put the ring in, silicone it again, the silicone the pipe its self where it goes into the flange. no leaks since:D
besieds that, i think the quality if really nice

400exrider707
11-29-2005, 09:38 AM
The blaster I rode with the LRD pipe seemed to be all top-end power. I dont think thats what you want for woods. I've also ridden them with FMF fattys which were decent and my favorite blaster pipe was the pro-circuit setup. Seemed to boost bottom very good, and gave a nice linear powerband.

bradley300
11-29-2005, 10:16 AM
could have been the way it was set up, ive ridden a few different pipes and the LRD seems to be one of the smoothest, there may be a few that are close in smoothness, but they dont have the top end like the LRD

ex kid
11-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
could have been the way it was set up, ive ridden a few different pipes and the LRD seems to be one of the smoothest, there may be a few that are close in smoothness, but they dont have the top end like the LRD

true

I made the comment about quality because my silencer has discolored and the pipe is rusting. my biggest problem with it is that the expansion chamber seems to be pretty thin.

400exmatt
11-29-2005, 07:48 PM
I had the pro circuit platinum pipe and silencer and i liked way better than anything else, and plus it sounds awesome..

trx400exxracer
11-29-2005, 08:20 PM
I would get TOOMEY all the way the pipes are alsome and give great power gains and they sound like no other man I wish I still had my blaster with that pipe it was bad*ss

bradley300
11-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
true

I made the comment about quality because my silencer has discolored and the pipe is rusting. my biggest problem with it is that the expansion chamber seems to be pretty thin.

is your silencer turning red? how long have you had it and how is your jetting? i notice alot of them turning red, but mine is more than a year old and is as black as the day i got it. but my jetting has always been pretty rich (keeping it cool) maybe that has something to do with it. mine has rusted in one spot, the stock bolt for the front fender is too long and hits the pipe, it wore thru the chrome and is rusting

ex kid
11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
is your silencer turning red? how long have you had it and how is your jetting? i notice alot of them turning red, but mine is more than a year old and is as black as the day i got it. but my jetting has always been pretty rich (keeping it cool) maybe that has something to do with it. mine has rusted in one spot, the stock bolt for the front fender is too long and hits the pipe, it wore thru the chrome and is rusting

i think i bought it in like Febuary of 03? the jetting is pretty much spot on, a little rich if anything.

bradley300
12-01-2005, 08:41 AM
i havent had mine that long yet, maybe it just hasnt had time