PDA

View Full Version : trail tales

DAVE14
11-26-2005, 09:16 PM
my horror stories are limited ,mild flips goin over backwards bumps etc. but one day about 3 years ago I was jumpin this hill gettin some decent air & I spotted a new trail I was flyin over that I decided to follow (unfortunately I wasnt thinkin too much ,turned the bars in the air ) & it wanted to land totally sideways & flip , but without thinking again I stuck my leg out on the ground didnt break it but the bikes energy & inertia was totally absorbed by me I got the handlebars in the gut & my body cracked every bone I probably had it knocked the wind out of me big time & it hurt to breathe cough ,move for at least 6 months & to this day I have a rib or 2 on my left side that I can push in just like cracking your knuckles & if I dont push them in its uncomfortable !(my doctor says Im fine ? can you beleive that sh***t!)

omaits
11-30-2005, 05:15 PM
That almost happened to me once. I naturally put my foot down and my rear tire skimmed the back of my leg.

Here is a pic from the same hill before I did that...

http://x1.putfile.com/9/26819373153.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/26819373153.jpg&s=x1)

400exrules
11-30-2005, 06:28 PM
crossin my fingers, i havent had a bad wreck yet, but i was ridin in a turkey run sunday and the trails are tight as sh^t in some places, so i was in like the bottom of 2nd and i hit a tree with my right a-arm, but it was alright.uhhh hit my fence in 2nd while slamming on the brakes, broke a fence board, didnt get hurt. mmmm, i guess im pretty lucky, oh yah, i was in like 4th gear one time and a friggin huge bug(size of a small bird) went splat on my forehead.....:eek: :rolleyes: it freaked me out lol

icy1155
12-01-2005, 04:59 PM
i got a bluejay dead center of my chest goin full bore on my 400ex down the road... knocked me off the bike and my whole chest was bruised for bout a month:uhoh:

DAVE14
12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
no blue jays for me but ive almost ran over lots of critters & the deer just seem to jump out in front of me ,I need a gun rack ide bring one home every night !

12-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I was messing with a rock pile till i was completely jumping it so i called my friends over to watch me hit it n i hit my nerfbar off the side of the take off n the quad flipped upside down in the air

i rolled the whole way down the hill trying to get away from my quad. It wasnt a bad wreck but my friends said it looked pretty wicked cuz i was real high n the quad was chasing me lol

I felt stupid cuz i called them over to watch me wreck :devil:

ride_red666
12-06-2005, 05:45 PM
i was going i 4th thru some trails and when i was going into a turn my right tire clipped a tree and then i hit a bigger tree head on with my bumber and a arm. i went over the bars most the way and nailed my knees on the handle bars. theres was a huge *** bruise on each leg. man did it hurt, my bumber twisted a bit and the a arm.

2002-440ex
12-14-2005, 06:14 PM
I missed a turn once going wideopen on my 400ex and didnt quite make the turn and hit the guard end of the guard rail with my right a-arm...threw me about 20 feet off of the bike and Broke my 2 collarbones..my bike was in rough shapre too...bent my frame and the steering arm and wrecked my a-arm!

12-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 2002-440ex
I missed a turn once going wideopen on my 400ex and didnt quite make the turn and hit the guard end of the guard rail with my right a-arm...threw me about 20 feet off of the bike and Broke my 2 collarbones..my bike was in rough shapre too...bent my frame and the steering arm and wrecked my a-arm!

Jesus.. i bet that ****ing hurt

2 arms in a sling.. ouch

adrenalinefreak
12-22-2005, 03:28 PM
My first time out to Logandale trails was on a YFZ 450 with a twist throttle...You know where this is going don't you?

Logandale is pretty cool...nice trails with a little dunes mixed in, but there is one particular section where rocks come protruding out of the sand on one of the main trails and it was our first time being there. It was pretty much my first real ride on a real quad with manual tranny and twist throttle...

As we came up on it...I went to really get a good grip in the handlebars because I was getting bucked around...and as I went to get my grip I just revved the engine all the way (twist throttle)..The quad and I shot over some of the rocks and it bucked me off and rolled me through some thorn bushes and scrapped my arm all up...that was my first crash...I was okay...

Second time was out at Logandale as well in the dune section...I was following and was slightly to the left of the person in front of me and that made all the difference...there was a pretty big dip to the left...needless to say I slammed into it and it through me over the handle bars....

The third was a jump I did...I have it on video, but not sure how to get it on here...so to view it you can go to www.fst4wrdracing.net
it's under videos and then egg day...it's the very end...basically big jump...stock suspension...and complete bottom out...but I'm alive and learned a valuable lesson...double check a jump before you go for it...

This past trip I was doing donuts on the top of a flat hill because the sand was so smooth, like glass, and it was perfect...but was doing them a little too tight and the quad flipped me off and then proceeded to roll down the hill and to another hill (like 1 1/2 football fields...getting killswitch...)LOL

12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
i liked those videos

adrenalinefreak
12-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I can only take credit for the last part of the egg day one...the website belongs to some friends of mine...they have a helmet cam and record everything...thankfully...otherwise I wouldn't have any record of that jump...