PDA

View Full Version : Steering Damper

NavyDMO
06-24-2002, 07:10 PM
For a while now I've been debating on getting damper or not so I could save my wrists. I ride mostly trails that are really narrow made for motorcycles not Quads and sure enough this weekend I snagged a stump at speed. It jammed my renthals into my wrist violently and well to make a long story short I have to wear the cast for 3 months. The cast goes all the way up to my shoulder. Do you guys think a steering damper could have prevented this?

cdalejef
06-24-2002, 07:35 PM
I don't think it would have prevented it but it may not have been as serious of an injury.

Ex'r Marlin
06-25-2002, 08:41 AM
I don't know if it would have "prevented" it, but I sure would recommend one. Like Jeff said, I too would think it would not have been as serious if you would have had a dampener.

Get well soon!!:)

Scott
06-25-2002, 10:35 AM
I experienced similar. I jammed my wrists up so bad that it was almost 3 months before they were right again. That was when i invested in a dampner. I can't say you wouldn't have hurt yourself, but the dampner would have taken a lot of the abuse instead of your wrists. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and I have not jammed my wrists like that since I put it on. I would highly recommend one.